3 replies to this topic

#1 glutenfree015

glutenfree015

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Has anyone else experienced problems with Archer Farms (Target brand) corn chips? I picked up some white corn chips by them from Target a few weeks ago. The first time I ate them, I felt sick to my stomach for a few days but didn’t make the conection. When I ate them again a few days ago, I got sick again, and am still feeling “off". Since I’m pretty new to this, I was wondering if this is a gluten reaction? Has anyone else had issues with this brand? The packaging does not list any gluten ingredients, but it doesn’t say Gluten Free either.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I don't generally shop at Target, and am not familiar with the practices of their facilities because of this. I am assuming you read the ingredient list to be sure they don't contain any gluten ingredients before eating them? The only way to find out if there could be a CC issue would be to contact the company via the phone number on the bag/box. An alternative though is that it while it is easy for us to jump on gluten as the culprit for everything that bothers us, this is rarely the case. I find that with corn products I have to be careful. Some I am completely fine with and others make me horribly ill, the only common ingredient in the ones that make me ill is the corn. If you eliminate the possibility of CC via company contact you need to explore the option that another ingredient is bothering you.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3 glutenfree015

glutenfree015

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yes, I have considered that it may be corn. However corn pasta, corn flour in bread products, and cooked corn doesn’t bother me. I will contact the company tomorrow!

#4 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

I can eat some, but not all corn chips. I can't eat popcorn. I can eat corn, as a vegetable, as in on a cob, steamed, what have you. I can eat Mission tortillas and chips. Some random products with corn just don't agree with me. I don't know what it is, but apparently corn and I have some weird sort of messed up relationship. Not that I have the drive, desire, or time to be on the phone like a billion hours.... but I wonder what I'd find out if I researched which which is GMO and which which is not? GAH!!! That sounds paranoid even to me. :ph34r: :lol: Anywho, that is early morning (or late night) ramblings and thoughts on that subject.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: