I Love Bread.
Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:56 AM
Be sure to let us know how it all goes, keep asking questions!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:22 PM
That you'll be through the testing portion of this "fun" process in a few short weeks is good news as well - waiting is tough...I've completed my Master's of Waiting Degree and am now working on my Doctorate of Waiting Degree
Learning is one positive that we all have control of while other factors remain out of our control.
Happy Thanksgiving ~ thanks for sharing the good news.
Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years
3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive
10/27/09 diagnosed fibromyalgia - supplemented with amino acids - improvement followed by substantial deterioration
maybe one good hour per day for ~17 months
8/10/11 - Elimination Diet for Autoimmune Disease - incredible improvement along with clear reactions to most high lectin foods
only remaining symptom - severe heat intolerance / reaction to heat, humidity and exercise
Tomato, Pepper, Potato, Peanut, Soy, Bean, Pea, Citrus, Pineapple, Avocado, Shellfish, Dairy, Grain, Nut and Seed FREE
3/1/12 - Horrible flare -- same ol' symptoms but worse ~ 7/1/12 - Endo: Active Celiac 3+ years - as gluten-free as humanly possible.
11/15/12 - Improving once again - Almonds back - Eggs gone
12/1/12 - Histamine containing and inducing foods FREE -- probable cause of my heat/exercise "allergy"...
...this was one of my earliest symptoms as a child -- the enzyme (DAO) needed to regulate histamine is created in the small intestine.
10/25/13 - MCAS - symptoms plus positive Prostaglandin/N-Methylhistamine - trialing combos of H1, H2 and Mast Cell Stabilizers
If you have read this far - hang in there - obtaining health with any AI is a marathon, not a sprint!
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users