16 replies to this topic

#16 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

That sounds great, nice to feel you are listened to and that the doctor knows what they are talking about.

Be sure to let us know how it all goes, keep asking questions!
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

This is excellent news - finding a good doctor is cause for celebration!

That you'll be through the testing portion of this "fun" process in a few short weeks is good news as well - waiting is tough...I've completed my Master's of Waiting Degree and am now working on my Doctorate of Waiting Degree ;)

Learning is one positive that we all have control of while other factors remain out of our control.

Happy Thanksgiving ~ thanks for sharing the good news.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: