9 replies to this topic

#1 tennisman

tennisman

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

9 days ago I started getting new and different stomach pains , the pain is almost like my stomach is being pinched and it reallys really tight and quite hard. Also last week I started getting back pains pretty much the same pain that has started in my stomach ( and possibly pain in the kidneys ). Than on friday I noticed the colour of my stools became very dark and and than a different colour over the weekend . Than since yesterday I have been burping lots.

I have been to see my GP doctor and he said I need to go back to my Gastro but that's gonna be a few weeks I think . I also did a urine test at the doctors it's been sent to the lab because of traces of protein .

But i'm kinda worried what's going on , I did wonder because of the stool colour changes if maybe I had some kind of stomach infection but I have no D or fever or anything . I just been reading about stomach ulcer's can cause stomach and back pains ( Also seem to be having ulcer's in my mouth lately) . My pains seem quite bad at night in both the stomach and back and it's very difficult to get to sleep but once i'm alseep the pain doesn't wake me up . And when I wake up in the morning the pain is not bad but gets bad as the day goes on and than i'm just getting the stomach or back pain for almost most of the day .

Just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem , or might know what's going on ?

Thanks

David ( Tennisman)
Diagnosed with Coeliac disease in 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Could be gallbladder? If it's low functioning it can cause those symptoms. An ultrasound will show if you have stones, but you would need a HIDA scan to guage the level of function you have.

It also sounds like gastritis..but the cause is the big question. I developed it myself and don't know why.

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Get your gallbladder when you go to the other doctor checked.

As long as your poo isn't white (sign of colon cancer) or black (sign of bleeding in upper intestine) you're okay.

#4 tennisman

tennisman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Could be gallbladder? If it's low functioning it can cause those symptoms. An ultrasound will show if you have stones, but you would need a HIDA scan to guage the level of function you have.

It also sounds like gastritis..but the cause is the big question. I developed it myself and don't know why.

I will ask my doctor to do the gallbladder tests .

My last Endoscopy in late 2010 showed mild gastritis the doctor said all Celiac's have some gastritis not sure if that is right though . Does gastritis cause you problems or have you found a way to treat the symptoms ?

Thanks

#5 tennisman

tennisman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Get your gallbladder when you go to the other doctor checked.

As long as your poo isn't white (sign of colon cancer) or black (sign of bleeding in upper intestine) you're okay.

I will ask my doctor about the gallbladder .

It was very very dark brown I don't think it was black. Than at the weekend it was very dark green , online it says green could be an infection ?

Thanks

#6 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

If the green isn't constant, what did you eat? Thats probably what did it. For example, eating too many blueberries can cause it to go really dark or eating to much spinage can cause it to go green.

#7 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

I will ask my doctor to do the gallbladder tests .

My last Endoscopy in late 2010 showed mild gastritis the doctor said all Celiac's have some gastritis not sure if that is right though . Does gastritis cause you problems or have you found a way to treat the symptoms ?

Thanks

Gastritis just started for me in August. I've been gluten-free for 15 mos. I've also taken soy, dairy, peanuts, refined sugar, corn, most fruits, and tomatoes/peppers out of my diet. No relief yet...and no known cause.

#8 tennisman

tennisman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

If the green isn't constant, what did you eat? Thats probably what did it. For example, eating too many blueberries can cause it to go really dark or eating to much spinage can cause it to go green.

I don't think I ate anything that could have caused it , but I did drink lime squash just by itself I'm not sure if that could have caused it .

#9 tennisman

tennisman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Gastritis just started for me in August. I've been gluten-free for 15 mos. I've also taken soy, dairy, peanuts, refined sugar, corn, most fruits, and tomatoes/peppers out of my diet. No relief yet...and no known cause.

Sorry to hear that , hopefully you can find a way to fix the problem soon . Does Gastritis cause back pain as well ?

#10 Chiana

Chiana

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

Have you been 'regular'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: