9 replies to this topic

#1 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Again another post I just want to be clear on, I keep posting but just want confirmation!
Can waking up in the morning with like, sticky, chapped lips with a white coating be a symptom of celiac disease? Cheers

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Also can frequent urination and dehydration be symptoms?

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Eh no, on the first i don't think so.

THe second sounds like a diabities symptom

#4 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I've read that the problem with the lips could be due to nutrients deficiency? (Celiac as nutrients aren't being absorbed) and yeah thought it was, I think that they was just in my head when I thought it.

#5 SMDBill

SMDBill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Dehydration and frequent urination sounds like a caffeine issue if it's not something more serious. Before I gave up coffee and tea (that was all I drank daily for most of my life) I had both of those issues. I now drink one cup of coffee each morning and water, milk or OJ (mostly water) otherwise. I no longer urinate as often (probably about 3x longer between visits now) and I'm also not nearly as thirsty. Since caffeine dehydrates, it was obvious I was in a vicious circle of thirst/urination. It also kept me borderline dehydrated constantly and I had headaches every day. I no longer have those either :) Not sure if gluten-free or removing caffeine was the fix, but I'm thinking the caffeine was probably the biggest contributor since every drink I had all day was caffeinated.

If it's not caffeine I'd consider asking the GP. Some drinks can cause more frequent urges to urinate but if water is doing it, something may be amiss that needs medical attention.

#6 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

Thanks:) and they've died down a bit now, as I don't much caffinated drinks now, probably was the cause!

#7 guest134

guest134

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Get a humidifier in your room, winter nights leave me waking up with dry lips, lots of mucus to clear and some dry hands. None of those have to do with celiac (well the dry hands could be but not in my case).

As for the frequent urination I would be willing to bet anxiety is your trigger. You seem to be going through some issues lately and are anxious to get a diagnosis, perhaps that is causing your trips to the bathroom? When I am anxious I go to the washroom at least twice as much as I normally do.

#8 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Thanks for the feedback ill look into a humidifier!:) and yeah that could be the reason the anxiety, because my symptoms have decreased a little since a week gluten-free. I have had A LOT BETTER bowel movements now, regular.

#9 guest134

guest134

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for the feedback ill look into a humidifier! :) and yeah that could be the reason the anxiety, because my symptoms have decreased a little since a week gluten-free. I have had A LOT BETTER bowel movements now, regular.

What is your situation right now? Have you received a diagnosis or just trying it yourself? What are your symptoms?

#10 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Trying it myself as my mum has it as of 9 years. My symptoms have been for about 9 months but seem to be improving. Constipation, lack of appetite, bloating after eating, rumbly tummy, bad flatuence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: