5 replies to this topic

#1 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

I have been warned that there is corn in many of the products the dentist's office uses. Today I had the hygentist used a straight grit formula. All is well so far and it was rather refreshing in my mouth!

I never know why the dentist caused me to bloat.

I just blogged about my dentist appointment in the blog section. Is anyone told over and over the same techniquest to improve their teeth? Does anyone else keep doing them only to hear the same lectures the next time?

Diana

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Is anyone told over and over the same techniquest to improve their teeth? Does anyone else keep doing them only to hear the same lectures the next time?

Yes. Finally at the last appointment my teeth were good and I got complimented on how well I take care of them. In fact, all I do now is brush and floss. I haven't kept up the various gadgets and techniques I was given over the years when they didn't make any difference. What made the difference, I think, is getting diagnosed and getting the diet figured out.

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

Thanks this is so encouraging! I do wish I could count on some credit. I think I still have some pride left.

Keep up the good work, whatever it is,

Diana

#4 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

It seems like it's impossible to get away from all corn completely? I hadn't thought about the Dentist using it.
I've had bad teeth all my life, with many fillings and now crowns. I've found since I've been on probiotics for over a year my tarter and plaque level went down. Interesting side effect.

#5 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

You swallow a lot of air during a dental cleaning, Celiac or not. Some people more than others. That can cause the bloating, gas, etc. Its like chewing gum. You tend to swallow but its just air.

http://www.webmd.com...s/swallowed-air

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

It seems like it's impossible to get away from all corn completely? I hadn't thought about the Dentist using it.
I've had bad teeth all my life, with many fillings and now crowns. I've found since I've been on probiotics for over a year my tarter and plaque level went down. Interesting side effect.

I am wondering if you went gluten free diet made your plaque level go down, or did you begin it before the probiotics?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: