This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Itchy... Itchy... Itchy...

shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf Proficient

So i was sitting in class this morning and all of a sudden the left side of my face below my mouth started itching. So i went to the bathroom to check it out, no bumps or redness. I took some water to splash on it, and that helped.

This has went on off and on this morning. I did put some lotion on my face this morning, my vanicream (the same stuff i use everyday with no issues). I had chex for breakfast (dry with no milk). I don't think its an allergy because of the no spots, no redness (outside of when i came back to my appartment and washed the area really good before putting the lotion on). Also, due to the fact that i ate about two hours before it started.

The only thing i did different was yesterday morning i used a toothfloss i hadn't used in a long time due to the fact that my normal stuff is out. That same area i know had been rubbed and whatnot with it (its cinnimon flavor Johnson and Johnson brand (and no i was bad and didn't look it up, i had to get out the stupid piece of something that was stuck between by tooth and another)) and one of the wisp end picks.

However, another part of me says that its also been too long for that to happen.

Or am i just overthinking everything and its just due to dry skin (something i've been dealing with a lot lately).

Thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Takala Enthusiast

Do you sit with your chin resting on your hand, by any chance ? Topical transfer of some unknown is possible.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Thats possible. I plastered it with my lotion and seems to have "cured" it.

shadowicewolf Proficient

i'm going to try some benadryl cream on it in a bit to see if that helps -sigh-

maaaaybe not... i'm unsure about putting that stuff on so close to my mouth.

I had a similar experience over the summer with my feet and i had to keep them plastered in it for it to go away.

-sigh-

cavernio Enthusiast

Floss seems a likely candidate. It might not be gluten in the floss either, just something else you have a topical reaction to. Do you have any or used to have DH? What about other regular allergies?

shadowicewolf Proficient

I've never had DH luckily.

I'm suspecting the floss. I think i've had that one container of it for a couple of years. My grandmother has an allergy to cinnimon and so far i haven't shown anything. I was blindsided when i became allergic to tomatos :blink: Other than that i'm "sensative" to latex (if i'm in contact with it too long i get red and irritated).

At any rate its only mildly annoying. I'll just keep cleaning it and putting vanicream on it.

shadowicewolf Proficient

There is a little bump there a little bit away from the main itchy spot. No redness no nothing -sigh-

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived