1 reply to this topic

#1 maggiesimpson

maggiesimpson

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I have decided, after some great advice here, to do the elimination diet after the holidays. I will be starting at the end of January, so I have lots of time to learn before then. We are going on vacation for a week in January, and I figured it would be stressful and counteractive to be trying to do the diet at that time. My question for you: Can anyone recommend a good elimination diet book? I like to have sort of a guide to work from. The only book I have found is a 28-plan. That just seems too fast for me. I read somewhere to only add foods every three weeks to allow time for reactions. That makes sense since some of our reactions can take a while to appear. If I don't find a book I will have to just do some good old internet research to gather info. It is just preferable to have sort of a "bible" to go from.
Megan
Diagnosed with Hashimoto's in 2003
Total thyroidectomy in 2003
Diagnosed gluten intolerant with the help of a holistic nutritionist in 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 HumanDecency

HumanDecency

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

I have decided, after some great advice here, to do the elimination diet after the holidays. I will be starting at the end of January, so I have lots of time to learn before then. We are going on vacation for a week in January, and I figured it would be stressful and counteractive to be trying to do the diet at that time. My question for you: Can anyone recommend a good elimination diet book? I like to have sort of a guide to work from. The only book I have found is a 28-plan. That just seems too fast for me. I read somewhere to only add foods every three weeks to allow time for reactions. That makes sense since some of our reactions can take a while to appear. If I don't find a book I will have to just do some good old internet research to gather info. It is just preferable to have sort of a "bible" to go from.

Did you ever find anything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: