admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,957 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Doctors caution that gluten-free is not for everyone
Baltimore Sun
Croessmann, a 25-year-old Baltimore resident, is one of 1.6 million Americans on gluten-free diets who have not been diagnosed with celiac disease, according to a recent study published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology. Celiac disease is ...

View the full article

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

I kept reading this, and am bemused by doctor claiming that most celiacs are undiagnosed, but he is acknowledging that there does seem to be a much large population of the merely gluten intolerant, successfully eating gluten free without the official diagnosis, but he can't quite give up the "it could be for the wrong reasons" yet.

Dr. Joseph Murray, professor of medicine and a consultant in gastroenterology and immunology at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota and co-author of the recently published study on the prevalence of celiac disease, says gluten sensitivity is likely one of many reasons the 1.6 million who have cut gluten without a celiac diagnosis are on the restricted diet.

I was snooping around the internet today, and the wheat/GMO/Pharma lobby is all excited that they can try to make the claim that there really aren't as many people who need to eat gluten free, as they don't have a "scientific" basis for doing so, therefore it is a fad diet. I wondered what set them off again, and this must be what they are trying to use as their "proof."

They can't put this genie back into the bottle, no matter how hard they try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: