#1 nickymacd

nickymacd

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Hello All

I've been quiet the last few weeks - life has been hectic. I now have a date for my endoscopy which will be on Tuesday morning and as the date approaches I am becoming more anxious, even though I know, from what I've read on here, that it'll be fine. My doc says that the results will take a couple of weeks to come through but that I can cut gluten out immediately. Once the results are in then she'll arrange for me to see a dietician. Generally I am absolutely dreadful at planning my meals and quite weak willed when it comes to food. Now that the reality of taking responsibility for my diet in an organised, disciplined manner is only a few days away I want to stick my head in the sand! I know I'm just going to have to be sensible and suck it up but I do wonder if others have had similar experiences.

Thanks

Nicky

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Hello again

I had a good few weeks head in the sand before coming off, and a panic about 3 weeks in, which seems quite common.

I'm almost 3 months now and it is becoming normal. The boards are great for transition, when you will discover loads more questions. And no one seems to mind that hundreds have asked before!

Endoscopy will be fine, take someone with you and try not to have anything planned for later in the day. I think the relief once it is over and fine catches up, lots of people are tired/spacey.

Very good luck for Tuesday, nearly there
Mw
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

i've been at this for almost a year and a half. And guess what? I'm terrible at planning as well. My cooking skills (although they are better!) are kinda meh so it can be rather difficult to get around. I always keep things on hand that'll make a quick meal (cheese wraps with veggies is a good example of this).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: