Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Little Shooting Pain After Eating? Digestion?

7 posts in this topic

I have a little shooting pain down the right side of my stomach after eating, it isn't at all that painful and goes within a hour or less. Is this part of healing process? Maybe the healing of intestines? Or colon pushing all the waste out from the big C?!

Ads by Google:

Do you still have a gallbladder? Its located in the upper right quadrent of the abdomen. That could be the culprit.

Yeah, I don't think its that, as I get it in both sides. Nothing serious or painful just wondering if it could be sign of improvement?

The reason I say this to is because these symtoms have only started after I've gone gluten-free (just over a week)

HI Adam,

It could just be gas in your stomach. You can try some peppermint tea and see if that helps.

I had lower abdomen pain the first couple weeks after going gluten-free. I really didn't have GI issues to speak of before diagnosis. I think, though I don't know, the healing does cause some pains. Also, I think I became much more aware of my body in general because for years I was told that I didn't have symptoms. In my case the pains went away in two weeks, gas and other issues still going strong a month in though.

Thanks for the feedback! I think its just my body adjusting:)