Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Little Shooting Pain After Eating? Digestion?

• Please log in to reply

6 replies to this topic

#1 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

I have a little shooting pain down the right side of my stomach after eating, it isn't at all that painful and goes within a hour or less. Is this part of healing process? Maybe the healing of intestines? Or colon pushing all the waste out from the big C?!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Do you still have a gallbladder? Its located in the upper right quadrent of the abdomen. That could be the culprit.

#3 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, I don't think its that, as I get it in both sides. Nothing serious or painful just wondering if it could be sign of improvement?

#4 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

The reason I say this to is because these symtoms have only started after I've gone gluten-free (just over a week)

#5 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

HI Adam,

It could just be gas in your stomach. You can try some peppermint tea and see if that helps.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#6 megsybeth

megsybeth

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I had lower abdomen pain the first couple weeks after going gluten-free. I really didn't have GI issues to speak of before diagnosis. I think, though I don't know, the healing does cause some pains. Also, I think I became much more aware of my body in general because for years I was told that I didn't have symptoms. In my case the pains went away in two weeks, gas and other issues still going strong a month in though.

#7 adambryant

adambryant

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for the feedback! I think its just my body adjusting:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: