Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anyone Have Red Circles Under Your Eyes?

8 posts in this topic

I haven't always had red circles under my eyes, popped up a few years ago...I thought maybe they are allergy shiners, but I googled and the pics showed what looked like bruises..mine don't look like bruises just redness. Just curious.

my doc said I was iron deficient at one time but levels were fine a few months ago. I'm going to have iron levels checked again, but wonder if it could be from iron deficiency instead?

Ads by Google:

I've had purple colour under my eyes for ever. It's reddish on the edges but closer to the bruising colour over all. I hope someone else can give you more answers. :)

Sometimes mine are red and sometimes they are black. I did just confirm a vitamin B deficiency.

Diana

I haven't always had red circles under my eyes, popped up a few years ago...I thought maybe they are allergy shiners, but I googled and the pics showed what looked like bruises..mine don't look like bruises just redness. Just curious.

my doc said I was iron deficient at one time but levels were fine a few months ago. I'm going to have iron levels checked again, but wonder if it could be from iron deficiency instead?

I also have red eyes.

Mine aren't related to a B12 deficiency (I think) because my B12 exceeded the normal range. I am apparently not iron deficient either.... Everyone presents so differently...

My 3 year old had red circles under her eyes all summer before her diagnosis. They definitely got worse as her symptoms increased to frequent vomitting. After her diagnosis in sept.and immediately after going gluten free they disappeared. No vitamin defeciency found. Of course we associated the eyes with gluten, but an allergist with CHOP assured us it is not a symptom of celiac. I am not convinced. Today she had red eyes and said her tummy hurt.

I had dark circles under my eyes and pale complexion, somewhat mottled looking skin, pre-gluten-free