This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Vitamin B Injections: I Am Considering It.

1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved Proficient

I am considering whether vitamin B injections would be right for me. First off, I read that a certain variety of vitamin B is the best. What is it?

Have injections been helpful to you?

I am planning to try sublingual B first. How do I tell it works and continually works. It seems that my vitamins the longer I take them, become intolerable to me. How can I tell the vitamin B injections work. I would like to have more than a subjective measurement as usual.

Diana

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

frieze Community Regular

You might try a holistic doc. The only "B" that I know for sure that allopathic docs inj is B12. Do you have low stomach acid? if you are over 40 it is more likely to not have enough, than to have too much. B12 sublingual, but also on an empty stomach, since most of it is swallowed in the saliva. I have a cast iron stomach, but even I can't do B-complex on an empty stomache. Good luck

I had noticed halves of capsules coming through with powder still inside. I did a nutrient absorbption blood test. I have a vitamin B 12 high need I also need B 6 and B1. .. . It is a catch 22. One needs the vitamins to get the acid for digestion; one needs the acid to get the vitamins. Somehow, I have to break the cycle. . I have developed intolerances to nearly everything I eat I am trying to get a rotational diet going and am currently feeling better. My eyes are blood shot and have blackness under them.. I can't take the vitamins I had been taking because of my intolerance to rice.

Meats, nuts, legumes, vegetables, good fats, tiny bits of fruits and supplements. My variety includes about 50 various elements. I haven't had a sweet treat, besides fruit for 5 years, but for some crystalized ginger occassionally. Desperate people with a natural food bend do desperate things in order to get better like eating healthy.

GFinDC Veteran

Hi Diana,

Have you tried Betaine HCL? If you have a stomach acid problem you can take Betaine HCL to help riase the acid level in your stomach.

Hi Diana,

Have you tried Betaine HCL? If you have a stomach acid problem you can take Betaine HCL to help riase the acid level in your stomach.

Thanks, there is some in my supplements. But I did find out that I needed some pancreatic enzymes perhaps that will help.

Diana

GottaSki Mentor

Hi Diana-

We found - upon recommendation from our holistic doc -- if we take enzymes before meals and Betaine HCL about a half our after the meal (he actually suggested an hour after, but we kept forgetting them) things digest a bit better. Perhaps you could take your supplements during your largest meal sandwiched between enzymes and HCL? It is a tricky thing to find the correct mix on a healing system.

Another thing that can help is to remove ALL supplements for a week and then add one at a time back in at a time - If your supplements are not helping or you are not digesting them - it's time to work on the timing a bit.

If rotation isn't working - perhaps give food combining a read - this can aid digestion.

Good Luck :)

TeknoLen Rookie

I tried a B-vitamin shot about a month ago. Cocktail of B12, B complex, folic acid, and some other nutrient that begins with "L" (cannot read my doc's handwriting). I did notice a slight improvement in energy (more pep). I also noticed when the shot wore off at about day 8 or day 9, right when my doctor said it would (tired earlier in the day). I am taking occasional B12 sublingual and B-complex tablet (ingest) when I remember to and these seem to help some. Good luck.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

I was taking B12 injections every month; now I have one every three months. Must check my levels - cannot take the sublingualsl.

Thanks, something seems to be working. I quit eating buckwheat that was cross contaminated, started a rotational diet, began pancreatic enzymes, and got different vitamin B12. Dare I get a little gitty? Not yet.

mamaw Community Regular

I now take B-12 injections twice a month...You want your B-12 level to be around 850...mine was under 400 Which by the way is within the ranges but I couldn't function...I do also take multi vits & mins, Vit D & so on. Just some of us only the injection helps...I was doing weekly & may have to go back to weekly injections to keep my level at 850... It's been a month of bi-monthly & my level is only 503

Archived