This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Toddler Threw Up Two Hours After Gluten.

rachelh4207

rachelh4207 Apprentice

Okay I have a gluten intolerant (never went through with the testing) and my daughter (3.5) has pretty much textbook celiac signs- but never officially diagnosed, as she was only 2 at the time and was gluten free during the test. But her little sister, who is two, Has been gluten free since we went gluten free because I planned to "test" her by giving her some after a while of none but have been to scared too. So she has been gluten free since April of this year. Today at lunch my older two daughters (who CAN have gluten) had bread at the meal which is rare, as we NEVER have gluten in our house.....But the little one kept reaching for it and crying so I gave her three or four bites. She refused anymore after that. Since she has thrown up.....and has only thrown up maybe twice in the past year, she does NOT have a weak stomach. Should i say it was the gluten or what?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

two hours after?

Could it be a bug? If she has a fever,i'd say bug, but i'd look into it as a gluten issue as well.

mamaupupup Contributor

Trust your instincts! And trust your kiddo! I have a Celiac daughter who is our "Celiac Sniffer." She can tell if something is cross contaminated...she lifts it to her lips but won't eat it...

Thinking of you!

rachelh4207 Apprentice

Trust your instincts! And trust your kiddo! I have a Celiac daughter who is our "Celiac Sniffer." She can tell if something is cross contaminated...she lifts it to her lips but won't eat it...

Thinking of you!

Funny that you say that, because we have actually tried to get her to eat gluten before and she refused. I make pancakes and biscuits (gluten free) once a week or so and she LOVES them and begs for them. Well my mom (after I told her too) tried to give her some pancakes with gluten (not at our house) and she opened her mouth but spit it out IMMEDIATELY Then mom tried some biscuit and she refused to open her mouth. But kept eating her green beans and carrots that were on her plate....So it wasn't that she wasn't hungry, she was begging for more, but refused the gluten food.

She is actually like normal except for that. No fever and ate good later that day. Actually ate more than usual which worried me even more, as I have a tendency to be STARVING after my gluten reaction. I don't usually throw up though. Usually I have horrible cramps and upset stomach that follows. (as far as GI reactions)

Archived