• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Anyone ever had a pumpkin milkshake?

Here's some sites but what did YOU do??

http://drinks.seriou...ty-recipes.html

http://www.ourbestbi...-pie-milkshake/

http://www.myrecipes...10000001141977/ {this one might work with rice milk and rice icecream

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Originally when I started making these I used a recipe from some sweetened condensed milk brand or another that had a recipe for apple pie shakes. It was simply the milk, applesauce, spices and ice. (I think) I just used pumpkin instead of applesauce and pumpkin pie spice instead of apple pie spice. I always used about a half a can of pumpkin (the little can) with a whole can of milk. Then as much ice and spice as made me happy.

Alternatively since I have a blender with the individual cups when I made it with ice cream I would scoop in about a scooper full of pumpkin. Two scoops or so of ice cream. Then I would sprinkle in some spice and cover with milk. As you can tell it is all quite scientific.

Now that the only dairy it is safe for me to consume is my raw milk I have a whole new dilemma. I either scoop out the pumpkin onto a sheet into little balls with my cookie scooper and freeze it then just add milk and spice, or alternatively add ice to chilled milk and pumpkin and spice. I prefer not using ice to be perfectly honest, it waters it down too much for my taste and I find I prefer it with cream if I do that.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Adalaide, you can freeze the milk into ice cubes, and use that. B)

#4 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

I avoid the complicated reasons why I refuse to freeze raw milk, and simply say that it is something I don't do. I'd freeze regular milk, but then again that would avoid the whole problem for me I suppose.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm seeing a coconut milk pumpkin shake in my very near future - thanks for the great idea :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: