2 replies to this topic

#1 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

I have been feeling a bit off since Friday, but figured it was just my period and being (normally) tired with small kids.

Yesterday I couldn't stop eating and didn't feel full, and had no energy. This morning the D arrived. Not too bad, but not good.

Does anyone else get major (carb, sugar) cravings when glutened?
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lady Eowyn

Lady Eowyn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Hi
Have just replied to a similar topic - and yes, one of my symptoms from getting cc'd is wanting to eat.
Pre-gluten free I had problems with eating, well for years. Now I know, it's a glutened sign.

The 'wanting to eat' isn't hunger, in fact eating (more gluten) in the past made it worse.
Sounds like you could have been cc'd.

Sugar/carbs can get me going too - I have to eat regular good protein.
Hope you feel better soon :) .

#3 gatita

gatita

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Even before I was diagnosed, for a lot of my life I've had a burning in my stomach that I always mistook for hunger pangs. So I would eat. And eat... hoping to make the "pangs" go away.

I think now it was really the heartburn that comes with being glutened, because the only other time it disappeared before going gluten-free was when I was on a low carb diet. Now it makes sense. To me, wheat = hunger.

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: