Cravings A Sign Of Being Glutened?
Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:59 AM
Yesterday I couldn't stop eating and didn't feel full, and had no energy. This morning the D arrived. Not too bad, but not good.
Does anyone else get major (carb, sugar) cravings when glutened?
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:55 AM
Have just replied to a similar topic - and yes, one of my symptoms from getting cc'd is wanting to eat.
Pre-gluten free I had problems with eating, well for years. Now I know, it's a glutened sign.
The 'wanting to eat' isn't hunger, in fact eating (more gluten) in the past made it worse.
Sounds like you could have been cc'd.
Sugar/carbs can get me going too - I have to eat regular good protein.
Hope you feel better soon .
Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:51 AM
I think now it was really the heartburn that comes with being glutened, because the only other time it disappeared before going gluten-free was when I was on a low carb diet. Now it makes sense. To me, wheat = hunger.
Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users