arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What Should I Do After Having Been Glutened?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Songbird34

Songbird34

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

I am newly diagnosed. Two months now. I have been Glutened twice since my original diagnosis. Well, today I did it again. This time it was my own fault. I read the back of the label, but it was early in the morning and I was not quite awake. I totally skipped over the ingredient wheat starch. And that's not even one of the hidden ingredients it clearly states wheat. I could kick myself.

My symptoms now are explosive diarrhea, extreme fatigue, headache, And insomnia.

How do you deal with being glutened?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 katecamp

katecamp

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

I just got glutened recently myself. I've had celiac for several years. I'm sympathetic to your pain. I have learned 5 things. 1. don't add anything new, and double check your foods, you're not feeling well and it's easy to make another mistake. 2. stay away from dairy. 3. Lots of rest. 4. Plenty of liquid. 5. fiber and or magnesium to help your digestive system flush it out.Good luck darlin.

#3 texastricia

texastricia

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

I feel your pain - literally!
For the past 6 months I have not knowingly ingested gluten, but have on occasion had all the old symptoms in spades. This usually happens after eating at a friend's home, even when everything was prepared gluten-free. I feel it must be coming from cross-contamination of pots, pans, utensils, work surfaces, etc.
We ate our Thanksgiving meal with friends at their home; I had no pumpkin or pecan pie because the friend who brought them used wheat flour but made a fruit dessert just for me - sigh. That night I was sick; not over the top but had cramping and spent a good deal of time in the bathroom. I felt like a real martyr; if I was going to be sick anyway, maybe I should have eaten the pie! Would I have been sicker??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: