11 replies to this topic

#1 musicalmummy76

musicalmummy76

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

i am new here. we are trialling our 2.5yr old on gluten free due to behavioural and sleep issues. within a week we noticed a huge change, she was so pleasant and sleeping really well too. until yesterday. the only difference is yogurt i gave her. it was ski dlite honey buzz. is that a bad one with hidden gluten?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 frieze

frieze

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

i am new here. we are trialling our 2.5yr old on gluten free due to behavioural and sleep issues. within a week we noticed a huge change, she was so pleasant and sleeping really well too. until yesterday. the only difference is yogurt i gave her. it was ski dlite honey buzz. is that a bad one with hidden gluten?

has tapioca as a thickener....I would suggest sticking with more natural, less "altered" versions of yogurt......

#3 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Fage is nothing but milk and enzymes. You can add any flavoring/fruit you want.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#4 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

If you are in the U.S. companies cannot hide gluten. It must be labeled (outside of the obvious things like a loaf of wheat bread or whathaveyou).

#5 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

I found 2 pages that gave me nutrition information (calories, etc.) but neither had the ingredients for this yogurt. I avoid all except plain yogurt due to 'natural flavors'. They may or may not be gluten-free, but they likely contain free glutamates (i.e. very close to MSG) which bother me. I recently found a plain yogurt that I used to like, turns out it also has pectin added so I didn't get it since I didn't feel like experimenting.
Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#6 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Yoplait says gluten free right on it --- but it's in small letters - you have to look closely. Chobani & Okios (sp?) are gluten free.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#7 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Stoneyfield Farms makes the best (in my and many other's opinion) yougurt in the world. It has six different strains of probiotics, it is sweetened with sugar instead of corn syrup, it's 100% organic, and it is delicious. I get it at my local health food store for $5.19 a quart. I usually get french vanilla because I have problems with fruit. (All they carry at this store is french vanilla or plain.) If vanilla doesn't thrill her, you could always add your own fruit or even jelly.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#8 M-Rods

M-Rods

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

I haven't had any reaction to the Activia yogurts .
Diagnosed Celiac Oct 26, 2012
Gluten free since Oct 29, 2012

#9 gfreejz

gfreejz

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

I haven't had any reaction to the Activia yogurts .

I think Activia has wheat in it! I looked about a year ago and it had it.

I used to eat Yoplait alot until I gave up dairy altogether. Now just Proboitic pills for me.

#10 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Activa is made in a shared facility. Depending on the flavor, it does not have wheat in it except for the breakfast blends i believe, i could be wrong.

#11 Kelleybean

Kelleybean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

I actually sprung for a yogurt maker and make my own now. I've read, but never tried, that you can do it in a crockpot or even with a heating pad. My other thought is that she might have an issue with dairy? My son does ok with cheese, but when we used to give him milk he would be up all night.

This isn't dietary, but some of my friends have had good luck with doing epsom salt baths at night to help with sleep.

#12 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Activa is made in a shared facility. Depending on the flavor, it does not have wheat in it except for the breakfast blends i believe, i could be wrong.

http://www.activia.u...robiotic-yogurt

Just glancing through and they have at least 2 varieties, Breakfast and Fiber with cereal? That have wheat. The plain doesn't seem to but it says processed in a shared facility. Like everything else, read the labels every time!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: