Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

What"s In Your Smoothie ?

13 posts in this topic

1 banana

1/4 cup coconut milk

2 tablespoons honey

add ice

Let"s hear, whats in yours?

Ads by Google:

I don't measure I just plunk stuff in. :)

Plain yogourt, sometimes vanilla yogourt

Frozen Strawberries

Bananas

Whatever fruits I have on hand, blueberries etc.

lol measuring :-p

Frozen banana, coconut yogurt (vanilla or strawberry), frozen or fresh strawberries, orange juice. That's a standard, I deviate from it a lot though. I used to put ice in but I had to get rid of my old icecube trays and haven't gotten around to getting new ones.

Frozen fruit, especially frozen banana, makes the best smoothies IMO.

If I don't have yogurt I put in some vanilla almond milk and add more banana to make it thicker.

Frozen fruit of all sorts - my favourite combination is raspberries, bananas and nectarines. Lately I have been on a black cherry and mango kick. I squeeze in some fresh lime, add milk or coconut milk, my homemade vanilla extract and raw agave syrup. Mine are so thick I have to spoon like soft ice cream. The lime juice and vanilla make all the difference! :)

Two bananas, two tablespoons of whole cocoa powder, sugar and cold water. Also six almonds.

Me not lieks coconut milk.

I always add some veggies with the frozen/fresh fruit. Usually spinach and carrots, sometimes celery and cucumber. And protein powder sometimes and probiotics. Love adding coconut milk or yogurt too. Vanilla is a good idea. I bet almond extract would be good too. I'll have to try that.

I make smoothies from greek yogurt, frozen berries, bananas, honey, orange juice, and flaxseed. Yum! Even my teenage brother (at the VERY picky stage) will eat them. :)

"Green Lemonade" - Juice of a lemon, large handful of spinach, little chunk of fresh ginger, a little water, honey, and some ice.

Frozen mangoes from Trade Joe's (the best brand)

About 1 inch of fresh ginger (good for stomach aches) chopped

1 banana

Honey

Warm water

Blend extra long to make sure the ginger gets chopped up well.

I added some cocoa powder an sugar to my banana smoothie, now this is worth waking up for. It is sooooooooooo good !!!! It"s just like gluten an dairy free chocolate ice cream.

It"s been 11 years since i had any "homemade" vanilla extract so i better not go that route !

I added some cocoa powder an sugar to my banana smoothie, now this is worth waking up for. It is sooooooooooo good !!!! It"s just like gluten an dairy free chocolate ice cream.

It"s been 11 years since i had any "homemade" vanilla extract so i better not go that route !

That really sounds delicious.

I wanted to revive this topic as I'm looking for a higher in protein smoothie recipe. I may come up with one of my own but since my GI is having a hard time breaking stuff down.. figured I'd help it out for one meal of the day.. any of your favorite recipes you can share would be fantastic! I can always add protein powder to make it higher in protein..

thanks!

Vegan lassi:

One mango

Third of a can of lite coconut milk

Small amount of sugar (or other sweetener)

6 - 8 ice cubes.