This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What"s In Your Smoothie ?

ncdave

ncdave Apprentice

1 banana

1/4 cup coconut milk

2 tablespoons honey

add ice

Let"s hear, whats in yours?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sora Community Regular

I don't measure I just plunk stuff in. :)

Plain yogourt, sometimes vanilla yogourt

Frozen Strawberries

Bananas

Whatever fruits I have on hand, blueberries etc.

cavernio Enthusiast

lol measuring :-p

Frozen banana, coconut yogurt (vanilla or strawberry), frozen or fresh strawberries, orange juice. That's a standard, I deviate from it a lot though. I used to put ice in but I had to get rid of my old icecube trays and haven't gotten around to getting new ones.

Frozen fruit, especially frozen banana, makes the best smoothies IMO.

If I don't have yogurt I put in some vanilla almond milk and add more banana to make it thicker.

love2travel Mentor

Frozen fruit of all sorts - my favourite combination is raspberries, bananas and nectarines. Lately I have been on a black cherry and mango kick. I squeeze in some fresh lime, add milk or coconut milk, my homemade vanilla extract and raw agave syrup. Mine are so thick I have to spoon like soft ice cream. The lime juice and vanilla make all the difference! :)

Persei V. Enthusiast

Two bananas, two tablespoons of whole cocoa powder, sugar and cold water. Also six almonds.

Me not lieks coconut milk.

HiDee Rookie

I always add some veggies with the frozen/fresh fruit. Usually spinach and carrots, sometimes celery and cucumber. And protein powder sometimes and probiotics. Love adding coconut milk or yogurt too. Vanilla is a good idea. I bet almond extract would be good too. I'll have to try that.

Junior Chef Rookie

I make smoothies from greek yogurt, frozen berries, bananas, honey, orange juice, and flaxseed. Yum! Even my teenage brother (at the VERY picky stage) will eat them. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kelleybean Enthusiast

"Green Lemonade" - Juice of a lemon, large handful of spinach, little chunk of fresh ginger, a little water, honey, and some ice.

qwertygirl Rookie

Frozen mangoes from Trade Joe's (the best brand)

About 1 inch of fresh ginger (good for stomach aches) chopped

1 banana

Honey

Warm water

Blend extra long to make sure the ginger gets chopped up well.

ncdave Apprentice

I added some cocoa powder an sugar to my banana smoothie, now this is worth waking up for. It is sooooooooooo good !!!! It"s just like gluten an dairy free chocolate ice cream.

It"s been 11 years since i had any "homemade" vanilla extract so i better not go that route !

love2travel Mentor

I added some cocoa powder an sugar to my banana smoothie, now this is worth waking up for. It is sooooooooooo good !!!! It"s just like gluten an dairy free chocolate ice cream.

It"s been 11 years since i had any "homemade" vanilla extract so i better not go that route !

That really sounds delicious.

• 1 year later...
moosemalibu Collaborator

I wanted to revive this topic as I'm looking for a higher in protein smoothie recipe. I may come up with one of my own but since my GI is having a hard time breaking stuff down.. figured I'd help it out for one meal of the day.. any of your favorite recipes you can share would be fantastic! I can always add protein powder to make it higher in protein..

thanks!

DougE Rookie

Vegan lassi:

One mango

Third of a can of lite coconut milk

Small amount of sugar (or other sweetener)

6 - 8 ice cubes.

Archived