2 replies to this topic

#1 DonnaMM

DonnaMM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

I wrote early about being in the hospital and finding about my anemia. Has anyone else had such a problem with iron deficiency? I got IV iron when I was in the hospital cause they say I was absorbing it anyway. How long did it take you to start feeling better. I am still so dizzy and tired. I want to go back on the gluten free diet because I have started having tummy troubles again (not sure if its anxiety about possibly having celiac) or because I do have regardless of my negative results and its manifesting again. Very annoyed I can't go on the diet till the EGD which is who knows when
Hodgkins Lymphoma-2006 at age 18, now 25
Disagnosed with IBS and anxiety (related to my treatment they say)-2007
Allergies to corn, tree nuts, shellfish, bees- 2010
Positive Lupus Anticoagulant-2011
Erosive esophagitis-2011
Severe iron deficiency anemia- 2012
Inappropriate sinus tachycardia-2013
Tested for celiac three times, blood and biopsies all negative
Now encouraged to undergo testing again due to malabsorption

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Anna_Chira

Anna_Chira

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

I wrote early about being in the hospital and finding about my anemia. Has anyone else had such a problem with iron deficiency? I got IV iron when I was in the hospital cause they say I was absorbing it anyway. How long did it take you to start feeling better. I am still so dizzy and tired. I want to go back on the gluten free diet because I have started having tummy troubles again (not sure if its anxiety about possibly having celiac) or because I do have regardless of my negative results and its manifesting again. Very annoyed I can't go on the diet till the EGD which is who knows when

About a year ago I was told by my doctor that I had "enough" iron to be okay and gave me this example: I'm a grocery store for iron and I have enough on the shelves, but none in the back. Weird, I know. My main symptoms were fatigue and always being cold (you can find me in a sweatshirt in the middle of the summer, and I live in the south.) I was also found to have low magnesium. I nipped both of those in the bud by adding in more leafy greens for magnesium and red meat for iron, as well as a magnesium supplement. I don't recommend an iron supplement unless your doctor prescribes it because too much iron can be dangerous. Hope you find the answers you're looking for!

#3 DonnaMM

DonnaMM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Right now they say Iron pills are pointless because its all malabsorption. So I get to sit and wait until my hematologist orders me more IV iron. They said it could take months to build up my stores because I pretty much have none
Hodgkins Lymphoma-2006 at age 18, now 25
Disagnosed with IBS and anxiety (related to my treatment they say)-2007
Allergies to corn, tree nuts, shellfish, bees- 2010
Positive Lupus Anticoagulant-2011
Erosive esophagitis-2011
Severe iron deficiency anemia- 2012
Inappropriate sinus tachycardia-2013
Tested for celiac three times, blood and biopsies all negative
Now encouraged to undergo testing again due to malabsorption

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: