21 replies to this topic

#16 JDThornton

JDThornton

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Have you ever seen a chiropractor? It really almost sounds like your back and hips could be out of line, which causes neck, back, leg and even chest and abdominal pains. Everything in your body is connected, so being out of place can affect the whole system. It's definitely worth a shot.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

It is possible that parasites could be causing some abdominal pains.

Diana

#18 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

As I have said before, they have "linked" the acidity in tomatoes to gastric cancer later in life which has no factual basis in the medical world.

To the OP: if it can comfort you, gastric cancer ranks at the very bottom among deadly cancers in Italy, not exactly a tomato-unfriendly country. If research statistics mean anything, most online pages mean nothing... :)

By the way, toworryornottoworry, I teach research methods to college kids, and I may steal your examples re: vetting sources. ;)
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#19 designerstubble

designerstubble

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for all your responses... Btw, I have seen an osteopath recently who puts me into alignment! I don't think it's that though... Parasites... Oooooo, have no idea about that? Update re pains... They have somewhat diminished, actually disappeared for a few days... And to date I only seem to be having mild twinges and aches here and there. Fingers crossed its just my body rewiring after the shock it's had recently!

(Also, haven't had the time to look for the studies I came across on celiac morbidity, but I will try and find them. They did not belong to any money making scheme, or dubious looking site!.)

Diagnosed Celiac Oct 2012 (Blood and Biopsy)
Gluten free / Dairy free / Caffeine / Almost sugar free / Tobacco free 2012. Corn free 2013
Vegetarian since 1986 / Asthmatic since 1990 / Migraines since 1998

Symptoms: Classical GI symptoms. Fibromyalgia. Odd pains. Bone aches. Severe headaches. Severe depression. Anxiety. Diagnosed with severe anaemia. Severe Vit D deficiency. Boderline Folate & B12 Defiency.

Since being gluten free... initially felt better for a month, still suffer with loose bowels, am currently struggling with many more allergies and intolerances to foods, such as dairy, egg, celery, oranges, tomatoes, quinoa, seeds,... Pressure hives (from Feb 2013) / Having bad leg aches during periods (June 2013)

(Marked in bold, these problems have been resolved)

#20 Darkfire Ann

Darkfire Ann

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Celiac disease can help along early menopause. I have read so many studied on the connection of reproductive issues and Gluten problems I cried for days. I do not have them saved because it is simply too painful. But do some Googling and if you are female there might be a connection for you. I am not sure if you are female and what your state of life is. For my family we are dying out, I started in early menopause in my early 20's. I lost all my organs at 37. Most of my family on both sides lose their uterus by 24, I most certainly had the same sweats before and after my surgery. I am 3 yrs post op on Dec 28th. with no end in sight of symptoms. As for the pains, for me it seems to be Iron. I am also testing at 15 for Vit - D but treatment did not fix the pains. Iron does. I also once tested low for Potassium so I use Black Strap Molasses as much as I can because it hits them all. Iron,Pot,Mag and Calcium. All you are missing is salt and I suggest non-idioized. I am currently on slow release Iron and the pains have stopped but not the sweats. I hope you feel better.

#21 designerstubble

designerstubble

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

http://www.uwgi.org/...rt2_handout.pdf

Just one of the files I came across when checking out celiac and lymphoma, I'll post any other links as and if I come across them again.

Again, you guys are more 'up' on all of this, but maybe you can see why I thought about the link between celiac and cancer etc

Diagnosed Celiac Oct 2012 (Blood and Biopsy)
Gluten free / Dairy free / Caffeine / Almost sugar free / Tobacco free 2012. Corn free 2013
Vegetarian since 1986 / Asthmatic since 1990 / Migraines since 1998

Symptoms: Classical GI symptoms. Fibromyalgia. Odd pains. Bone aches. Severe headaches. Severe depression. Anxiety. Diagnosed with severe anaemia. Severe Vit D deficiency. Boderline Folate & B12 Defiency.

Since being gluten free... initially felt better for a month, still suffer with loose bowels, am currently struggling with many more allergies and intolerances to foods, such as dairy, egg, celery, oranges, tomatoes, quinoa, seeds,... Pressure hives (from Feb 2013) / Having bad leg aches during periods (June 2013)

(Marked in bold, these problems have been resolved)

#22 guest134

guest134

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

http://www.uwgi.org/...rt2_handout.pdf

Just one of the files I came across when checking out celiac and lymphoma, I'll post any other links as and if I come across them again.

Again, you guys are more 'up' on all of this, but maybe you can see why I thought about the link between celiac and cancer etc

So that article begins by referring to refractory disease, that is extremely rare to begin with. The only example they have is one person who had refractory disease (where your intestines never heal) and not only that, a severe case. This person then develops lymphoma 29 years later, they have no way to prove that Celiac caused that.

It then goes on to say that 8 percent of Celiac patients get intestinal lymphoma while 1 percent get carcinoma. Do you really believe that 9 percent of the Celiac population is developing cancer? I stopped reading at that point since they were just pulling numbers out of their ass without any backup to the findings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: