This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tinkyada Rice Pasta

Claire

Claire Collaborator

Has anyone found a source of this product aside from ordering online? Claire

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

skoki-mom Explorer
Has anyone found a source of this product aside from ordering online?  Claire

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have seen it at Safeway (Canada), and I have also seen it at my local organic food market. In fact, I got some fettucine there today!

Felidae Enthusiast

As mentioned Safeway, Save-On foods, Planet Organic and Nutters. All of which are in Canada.

happygirl Collaborator

I buy mine at our local "Farm Fresh" - grocery chain in Virginia. But, other local grocery stores don't carry them. Also, I get them at the local health food store near my parent's house near Harrisburg, PA. Most health food stores seem to be interested in ordering things if their customers want them, so it would be worth asking!

drewsant Rookie
Has anyone found a source of this product aside from ordering online?  Claire

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know where you live, but in the Midwest, we have a store chain called Hy-vee that has a health food section, at least in the larger stores, that carry Tinkyada, and a LOT of gluten-free stuff. I was really impressed living in the middle of nowhere in Iowa and having these things available only 25 miles from where I live.

tarnalberry Community Regular

Here in SoCal, I can get it at Mother's, WildOats, WholeFoods, and I think the bigger of the two Ralphs near me carries a gluten-free pasta.

hez Enthusiast

I have found it at Whole Foods, Wild Oats and Vitamin Cottage (a semi local health food chain).

Hez

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

I have found it at my local co op, Life Grocery in Marietta, GA, and at Whole Foods

I have heard that some Kroger's carry it in their Natural Market section and if they don't have it they may be able to get it in.

Whereever you buy your gluten-free products ask them if they can order the Tinkyada pasta and maybe stock it for you and everyone else who is gluten-free.

Claire Collaborator

Gee thanks. You are also nice - and so helpful. Very glad I joined this forum.

Whole Foods isn't handy but I do get there every couple of months so that is where I will look first. Going there in a couple of weeks. When my local health store orders in anything I wind up paying so much more for it than I would elsewhere. That's because they order such small amounts of everything.

I do belong to another group and though there are some nice people there - there are also some very antagonistic ones - people having a very hard time facing up to their health issues - and taking it out on others.

This is a nice, comfortable place. Thank you all so much. Claire

FaithInScienceToo Contributor

This is my favorite brand of rice pasta -

It can also be found on-line at:

www.shopbydiet.com

At that site, you can pull up ONLY those products that meet your dietary requirements - such as gluten-free plus dairy-free etc...there is a menu to the left-hand side of the main page to tailor that for you :-)

In fact, their "Fall sale" ends today -

Welcome!

Gina

Claire Collaborator

I found it! At the same time found that our local Giant has just added a Gluten Free Section and has items not carried by the local Health Store. They had the pasta - many varieties. Lots of other selections too.

I had it for supper tonight. It is very good.

Thanks again. We can put this thread to bed.

Mission accomplished. Claire :)

killernj13 Enthusiast

Hello,

I actually found it in my local Shop Rite in Clark, NJ.

They have a new organic section and there it was.

Its great that these gluten-free items are becoming more mainstream.

Glacier Guy Newbie

I sent an email to Jo Jo at Tinkyada and told her where I lived. She was able to give me the name of a few places in my area that I should be able to find it.......as well as some web sites that it can be ordered from. Here is her email if you want to try it. jojo@tinkyada.com

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
jerseyangel Proficient

In South Jersey I get it at Shop Rite in the Health/Gluten Free section. I also have seen it at Whole Foods in Marlton. The spaghetti is great!

Kailynsmom Apprentice

I have found that at my local more expensive grocery store is accomodating. They often place special orders and have ordered several things for me....next time ask if they can order it...

Otherwise I have only found that Tinkayada pasta at WHole Foods by me.

tarnalberry Community Regular

I'm not sure what part of the country you're in, but in SoCal, I could get it at Mother's Market or WildOats.

brookridge Rookie

I've purchased it at Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Star Market, and Stop & Shop. It is also available in smaller health food stores. Good luck!

Archived