TriticusToxicum

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Ahem...(clears throat)

Me-me-me-meeeeeee...

My bologna has a first name it's O-S-C-A-R, my bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R. Oh! I love to eat it every day and if you ask me why I'll say.'Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!

I had to get that out of my system. I made my daughter a bologna sandwich this morning and that accursed jingle has been haunting me since! Posted Image

We've been having such fun on the gfp thread lately, and made such a crazy mess of it, that I thought it was time to move the silliness to it's own silly home. So come on in and join the silliness. Any topic is fair game. Laughter is the best medicine!

Does anybody else have a particularly annoying jingle stuck in their head? (Who let the dogs out?)

From the old thread:

Totally random, drive-by post - Happy gluten-free Thanksgiving to one and all :)
BTW you guys are nuts. I can't believe this thread is still alive!

The old The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow topic is too huge, so Scott (admin) locked it and this new one was started.
Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05
Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

:o
You killed the old thread :lol:

#3 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

It was taking forever to load, I suppose that's only fair. I guess that means Ptaumass gets an extra
couple pages of sovereignty! :D
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#4 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

It's all Vynscent's fault - his double gobble is what killed it :ph34r: Nobody could post after that little bit of repetition.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Holy Toledo!! Unprecedented!!

Well pholks, we got us a clean slate:). lol. On to the next 50,000 or so posts!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#6 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

:huh: :huh: . . . ... .. :huh: .. . . . ..

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

:blink:

OMG .. ...UNPRECEDENTED IS RIGHT!!!!!.. . . . ....

What is to become of the King's reign??. . ... . ...Ptaoughmn will be getting an extra what, ten pages or so?.. .. ...

A clean slate.....Wow.

Here's to the next 3,400 pages!
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#7 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hellloooo
Is it safe to come in yet(i)?
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#8 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Safe as .... oops!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#9 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

I'm a bit sad to see mk 1 thread just slip down the pages. Is there a way to pin it at the top, with an explanation?

Though not sure I have been here long enough yet(i) to have a clue what the explantion is...
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#10 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

The "root" of the problem has been found:
Posted Image
That piece is over two feet long.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

#11 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

OMG. . ....THAT is why our 3,400-page thread is gone?? A massive tree root?. . . ... :unsure: .. .. ....it musta grown insidiously, gotten into the forum guts, started choking things off.. . . . .our big, long thread was the big casualty.... :(

:rolleyes:
Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

#12 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

It was taking forever to load, I suppose that's only fair. I guess that means Ptaumass gets an extra
couple pages of sovereignty! :D

What is to become of the King's reign??. . ... . ...Ptaoughmn will be getting an extra what, ten pages or so?.. .. ...

A clean slate.....Wow.

Here's to the next 3,400 pages!

I wonder if this was Scott overthrowing king Ptaum? Scott is now the first poster of the forum? does that make him king for the next 100 pages? :0

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#13 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

tiptoeing in here...I know I'm newer to the silly thread...but gotta say it just looks wrong to not have Triticus Toxicumb's Elephant Avatar as the original poster of the thread.

Also think His Royal Highness Tom should remain on the thrown for the first hundred pages of Tickle 2.0 and that a link to the orignial thread should be place in the title of 2.0 or should be the first post if that is possible.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#14 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

tiptoeing in here...I know I'm newer to the silly thread...but gotta say it just looks wrong to not have Triticus Toxicumb's Elephant Avatar as the original poster of the thread.

Also think His Royal Highness Tom should remain on the thrown for the first hundred pages of Tickle 2.0 and that a link to the orignial thread should be place in the title of 2.0 or should be the first post if that is possible.

There is a link! Just click the underlined Funny Pages in Scott's first, rather in- psillie post.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#15 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

All rather strange.. . . .....Richard (aka Triticus Toxicum), the Founding Monarch of the Psilly Thread, has not been seen nor heard from in about 2,000 pages...... . ....then he suddenly appears a couple of days ago...and all page-counting hell breaks loose, The Monarchical Protocol is thrown into chaos. . .. .. .....

What does it all meeeeeeeeeeeeean?. . . .. .. .. . . :unsure: .. . ..
Emily

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: