Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

2,226 posts in this topic

one more final-thing (tis a paper) and i'll be done with this semester... and then i get a 5 week break.... yay!

YAY!!!! :wub:

Ads by Google:

one more final-thing (tis a paper) and i'll be done with this semester... and then i get a 5 week break.... yay!

Yes!!! And then you can go back to being shadowicewolf, the person, instead of shadowicewolf, the student :D

Shroom!!!!! :D

Well psills, once more back into the fray after a five-day hospital detour for fluid on (and in) the lungs :huh::unsure::wacko: No diagnosis, so we'll see what eventuates. That stuphph gets awfully boring after a while. So here's your funny for today:

TODAY'S ENGLISH LESSON

No dictionary has been able to explain adequately the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED. However, at a recent linguistics conference held in London, England, and attended by some of the best linguists in the world, Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese, was the clear winner.

His final challenge was this: Some say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED. Please explain the difference in a way that is easy to understand.

Here is his astute answer: "When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE, but when you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED"

His answer was given a standing ovation and it entitled him to receive an invitation to dine with the Queen.

So shadowicewolf can say that when her finals (exams and papers) are COMPLETE, she is FINISHED with the semester (but not completely finished.

Well psills, once more back into the fray after a five-day hospital detour for fluid on (and in) the lungs :huh::unsure::wacko: No diagnosis, so we'll see what eventuates. That stuphph gets awfully boring after a while. So here's your funny for today:

TODAY'S ENGLISH LESSON

No dictionary has been able to explain adequately the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED. However, at a recent linguistics conference held in London, England, and attended by some of the best linguists in the world, Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese, was the clear winner.

His final challenge was this: Some say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED. Please explain the difference in a way that is easy to understand.

Here is his astute answer: "When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE, but when you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED"

His answer was given a standing ovation and it entitled him to receive an invitation to dine with the Queen.

So shadowicewolf can say that when her finals (exams and papers) are COMPLETE, she is FINISHED with the semester (but not completely finished.

I don't know where my post went but I'm praying for you now

Being in the in the hospital it's just no fun

"When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE, but when you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED"

:lol::rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about yer phluidy lungs, Shrooomie... . . ...but I think I can tell you why that has suddenly happened: check out Bhughnnee's post count...... :unsure: .. . .

:lol::rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about yer phluidy lungs, Shrooomie... . . ...but I think I can tell you why that has suddenly happened: check out Bhughnnee's post count...... :unsure: .. . .

Oh goody!!! Great to have someone to blame. No more posting for you for a while, Bhughnee!!! And that means no smart retorts, too!!! :P

Oh Shroom, how awful :(. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Glad that is behind you shroom!

I have one more test left this semester too.. then off on holiday!

Oh goody!!! Great to have someone to blame. No more posting for you for a while, Bhughnee!!! And that means no smart retorts, too!!! :P

K, last one, I'll go away for a while! :wub:;)

Bummer Shroomie - glad you are back home - hope you continue to improve expeditiously - I love that word - feel better!!!

Expiditiously - it always sounds like you are setting out on a great journey, but in reality you are just supposed to be moving your butt!!!! :lol:

Thanks for your thoughts and wellness wishes. Seems like this may be an ongoing problem, unfortunately :(

HaHa, haha, some of the hospital staff are glad I'm gone, I think :P I seem to have been on a grammatical kick lately, and it was driving me INSANE, the po-lite-ness with which I was being treated. Would you mind if I examined your back? :blink: Would it be all right if I lifted up your shirt? :rolleyes: Is it all right if I .... come around this side of the bed... remove your drip line.... etc., etc. Mind you, in some ways it was refreshing, but enough is enough.

So, instead of "Let me see your ID bracelet", I would get "Can you tell me your name and date of birth?" Eventually, (they had obviously been trained this way because they all did it) I just replied "Yes." An intervening expectant pause...... "Well?" Me: "I answered your question." Puzzled look :wacko: Then me: "Oh, you actually wanted me to do it. In that case you should ask 'will you please?' rather than 'Can you?' " Puzzled look of chagrin!! I almost got them trained, by explaining that when they said 'can' I wasn't sure if they were inferring mental incompetence or physical incapacity :P:rolleyes:

I wonder if you can get the Bisquick in Windsor? Perhaps some one should build another bridge!!? LOL :rolleyes:

Shroom ~ The only thing that I know of that has a food reaction and fluid on the lungs is, Lysinuric Protein Intolerance (LPI).

i'd rather have overly polite peoplez than the rude ones...

2 more pages to go on this paper... i have to have it in before 5pm :lol:

Perky polite peoplez pose problems for pointing, pouting pusses. Please proceed perspicaciously.

Perky polite peoplez pose problems for pointing, pouting pusses. Please proceed perspicaciously.

Daring doctors delve deeply, discovering diseased duodenae, distorted ducts and diverticulosis; don't doubt diagnosis!!! :ph34r:

Daring doctors delve deeply, discovering diseased duodenae, distorted ducts and diverticulosis; don't doubt diagnosis!!! :ph34r:

:lol: Dutifully done, Shroooom!

Yay...see that teeny tiny white dot in Southern California -- that is my "local" mountain :D If anyone is looking for a perfect beach day on the day after Christmas - head to San Diego ~ we never have winter during Christmas Week!

ot

Yay...see that teeny tiny white dot in Southern California -- that is my "local" mountain :D If anyone is looking for a perfect beach day on the day after Christmas - head to San Diego ~ we never have winter during Christmas Week!

I noticed there was a little dark dot on KC.

We went to San Diego once for Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was quite cool. Didn't stop my boys ( hub included) from building skate parks/ mountain bike trails on the beach. We don't do sand castles!

.... we never have winter during Christmas Week!

Heck, San Francisco has winter only during July :wacko: Even had snow once :rolleyes:

I not

I noticed there was a little dark dot on KC.

We went to San Diego once for Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was quite cool. Didn't stop my boys ( hub included) from building skate parks/ mountain bike trails on the beach. We don't do sand castles!

Your men fit well here....we never made sand castles -- only huge pits at the top of high tide line which auto fill into pool for a bit then destroy the days work -- only had a few tears when they were little - grown now and they still dig even larger pits with their friends :)

PS...January, June and November are the toughest bet for picture perfect weather. Late Sept/Early October best bet.

PS...January, June and November are the toughest bet for picture perfect weather. Late Sept/Early October best bet.

We escaped Sannazay one early December because it was freezing there -- early 70's, permafrost on the ground -- and hung out in SD; brilliant ideah !!! Then we had to return to the reality of making Christmas in Sonoma for MIL... :wub::rolleyes:

We escaped Sannazay one early December because it was freezing there -- early 70's, permafrost on the ground -- and hung out in SD; brilliant ideah !!! Then we had to return to the reality of making Christmas in Sonoma for MIL... :wub::rolleyes:

grass...greener

I love Sonoma in the winter....too many allergens in the air for me in the Summer -- my daughter lives in Santa Rosa :)

Ugh, my stomach has decided that sweet potato is no longer good on my stomach tonight. I got halfway through it and yep.... To my defense it was a little grainy....