Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

2,226 posts in this topic

Hahaaaa M(i)W I haven't NOT lol'd yet(i)

Ads by Google:

Omfreakingawd! Just tried Glutino Genius Bread fer the phirst time. Hands down the best bread I've had since gluten-free. Made grilled cheese sammies, and asked Mark if I was remembering correctly, that this tastes "real"-- he agreed it does. Wow.

I think I left my new official horn there. Hope the movers got it but wish I'd put it back in its case.

Well, we'll have to listen carefully for the sound of your curly horn, Ptaoughmnn, coming from the distance of other threads.. . . ....it could turn up anywhere. Could be in the "Publications" or "Dermatitus herpetiformis" sections.... . . . or in the section where the mods can only go -- you guys keep an eye out, will ya, Paghteigh, POeter, Jyessss et al?....

There's a fracture in the time-space con-psilly-um.

Gawd, 'tis true....my whole life has completely....well, shifted, since the Psillyville closure and restart ... . . . .. ..it all feels different, somehow......like the grand vertical hold has been tampered with....

Hey...what ever happened to the vertical hold? No one ever speaks of it anymore, and none of my TVs ever have this flipping picture anymore. My kids would not know what I'm talking about, I realize..... . . ...

I kinda miss it, actually...

:huh:

:rolleyes:

Hey...what ever happened to the vertical hold? No one ever speaks of it anymore, and none of my TVs ever have this flipping picture anymore. My kids would not know what I'm talking about, I realize..... . . ...

:lol: :lol: . . . true dat!!

Skeeter told me she saw a movie (or show or something) the other day and she could tell it was "old" because there was a record player in it. :blink::huh::lol:

Skeeter told me she saw a movie (or show or something) the other day and she could tell it was "old" because there was a record player in it. :blink::huh::lol:

Hold that Victrola.....

Vinyl is back! My 19 year old is collecting now -- bought him a turn table last Christmas with USB connection so they can transfer their vinyl to digital...yep...stay tuned we are not as old as we thought - well that may be going a bit too far ;)

The current vinyl comes in a wide variety of colors, transparent, opaque, etc. -- not the solid black of yesteryear - kinda cool.

We kept our turntable and it is inserted in our "stack" for all those old vinyls... no USB though :( It gets to be hard to stay up-to-date as PeOter found out recently. Especially when you get to be of a certain age and not that hip anymore (as I am finding out :P ) Lots of modern stuph just passes me by, I'm afraid, even stuphh I have in me house!!!

Guys... i don' wanna jinx anything but i just took my temp... 98.9 :blink: oh dear... (my normal is 97.2 ballpark).... My throats kinda sore (salt water gargle already done)... no cough... yet.....

Oh look, three papers due next week.... my body must hate me....

It gets to be hard to stay up-to-date as PeOter found out recently. Especially when you get to be of a certain age and not that hip anymore (as I am finding out :P ) Lots of modern stuph just passes me by, I'm afraid, even stuphh I have in me house!!!

Shrooomie, you constantly surprise me at your knowledge of modern/pop music -- I often read one of your song titles in ANOTHER THREAD (can you IMAGINE? ME, in another thread??), and think, Whoa... . . . ....is that, like, Top 40 rapper stuff? And I ask my kid, who says that indeed it is.

Shrooomie, are you really a cool, hip, nineteen-year old New Zealand hottie?

Add just a couple years, and you have our Shroomster to a t :)

And in the immortal closing wurdz of Leesur (GottaSki) in the Funny pages thread that was laid to rest:

"No hangover here"

Such an inspiration! Quite a goal for us all to strive for Lessur! Yes, we now have a new standard of eggzallence to stumble towardz, or crawl towardz in some cases, for this holiday season. :)

OK, for those so encumbered by the seeking of konwledge on the post card eggschange proejct, I started a thread for it here:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/98324-post-card-christmas-card-exchange/

.... i swear....

I spoke too soon guys.... discovered wasp #8 this morning (right after i woke up no less and by my bed). It wasn't acting right though... so yay for electric bug things?

.... i swear....

I spoke too soon guys.... discovered wasp #8 this morning (right after i woke up no less and by my bed). It wasn't acting right though... so yay for electric bug things?

Maybe maintenance sprayed while you were gone?

Or maybe you got a wasp with celiac :):o

nah, it acted like it was somewhat drunk.

It's like a mini cross-species celiac quiz! :wacko:

And the answer is .. ... ..[hey what's a King gotta do to get a drumroll around here??????] [Not to be confused w/ a durum roll]

. . . ....Ataxia!

I might be inclined to appoint a Royal Commission . .. . .hmmm .. .the Wasp Ataxia Special Project . .. .yeah, I did it.

Is it the poison or the zapper or a uniquely ratioed combo?

Is the ataxia wasp in throes of death or a superwasp survivor, stumblecrawling away to find a supermate, rendering future EMF attacks innocuous? Yours may be the wasp world's Cornelius in Planet of the Wasps . .. ..

Gotta launch these things early in an administration. Not sure when lame duck/drunk wasp status begins.

******PROCLAMATION THREE******

GO

BEARS!!

And just how lame IS a duck if it's just his foot? Am I missing a wing-only connotation?

And just how lame IS a duck if it's just his foot? Am I missing a wing-only connotation?

Yes. Clearly a lame duck has either a left- or right-wing injury.

Maybe maintenance sprayed while you were gone?

sure smelt like it when i walked in after being gone for a few days (only to spay a gnat and a lady bug flying around).

My gawd, I am so cool and hip and hot I am afraid to post a pic as my av due to the reactions it may engender. And I am espoused to a super sugar daddy which allows me to spend my days on idle frivolities (and keeping my trophy-wife bod in shape :P (my night-times are of course committed). Think Hugh Hefner and a cool hip playboy bunny (Ewwwww :unsure: ); think.....

I am having a hard time coming up with another example; Silvio Berlusconi (no, the sod's a carouser) Jacques Chirac (nah, they're both too corrupt) -- well, anyway...... I is kept (for the moment).

Yes. Clearly a lame duck has either a left- or right-wing injury.

A lame duck can be a very precarious state, whether on the left or the right :rolleyes:

Whew!!!!!! I found me psillies!!!!!!! Is everybody present and accounted for?????

sure smelt like it when i walked in after being gone for a few days (only to spay a gnat and a lady bug flying around).

Wellllll...........I suppose that's one way to reduce the population. Is that done with a microscope?

:P

can you tell i'm tired :lol:

At any rate, i did something stupid... i left some water on to boil as a makeshift humidifyer right? It was fine when i last checked on it (like 20mins ago) right? then i start to hear this pop pop sound. I get up and the enamal (which was already weak to begin with) poping off all over the place. Luckily, my pot of soup in front of it had a massive lid on it completely sealing it from the poping enamil going into it. Lucky lucky, i would have had to toss it out otherwise (the lid is about a half an inch bigger than the pot is so it goes over a bit on all sides and it also lips upward, normally this lid is used in a fry pan).

The pot was already ruined by the dishwasher (took the main layer off, leaving a rough texture). So no big loss there (i should still be able to use it as a water pan though, its cast iorn underneath kinda looks like the pot in this http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40568744&RN=816& (actually my bigger one is exactly like that :lol: )).

soooo glad for the lid on the soup, else i'd be without dinner right now (of course i took the lid off after i fixed the other pots issues just to check :blink: ).

Lesson learned.

I got a little humidifier at CVS for travelling, it's a sound-wave humidifier, no filtration,

you just tip a bottle of water into it and turn it on. It has a little adapter thingy for the

bottles of water. I think it's fantastic. Plus, no boiling! :P

Mygawd..... .. . .popping enamel, ataxia wasps, durum rolls, Jacques Chirac and hobbling ducks... . ... ..just another page in the New Psilly Annals....

:rolleyes:

Well, looks like the Toronto Argonauts are gonna annihilate the Calgary Stampeders in the Canadian Grey Cup game.....

Isn't that fascinating? :rolleyes:

And in the immortal closing wurdz of Leesur (GottaSki) in the Funny pages thread that was laid to rest:

"No hangover here"

Such an inspiration! Quite a goal for us all to strive for Lessur! Yes, we now have a new standard of eggzallence to stumble towardz, or crawl towardz in some cases, for this holiday season. :)

OK, for those so encumbered by the seeking of konwledge on the post card eggschange proejct, I started a thread for it here:

http://www.celiac.co...-card-exchange/

Not my choice of parting words for the best thread ever -- and no promises of lack of holiday hangy-overs here.

Hey Peter -- you there? It seems we need another edit...we need a link to this thread at the end of the ORIGINAL Silly Pages.

I got a little humidifier at CVS for travelling, it's a sound-wave humidifier, no filtration,

you just tip a bottle of water into it and turn it on. It has a little adapter thingy for the

bottles of water. I think it's fantastic. Plus, no boiling! :P

Personally, I do not like those. They leave a film on everything in the room. I do not know what that film is, but I sure rather not breath it in. I much perfer cool mist, even if you have to keep up with the wicking filter.

Personally, I do not like those. They leave a film on everything in the room. I do not know what that film is, but I sure rather not breath it in. I much perfer cool mist, even if you have to keep up with the wicking filter.

It does give a cool mist, and I know the film of which you speak- this one has not

done that. I am, however, giving it filtered water. So, I dunno.