Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

2,226 posts in this topic

Still crossing everything that you and Mark will make it to the party. I'll be the one who's overdressed. It's a casual party but I am the hostess. :D :D

Love you!

Loey

P.S. I'm disappointed that Vince is in Cranbury (next to Plainsboro) this weekend and can't make the party. If I still lived in Plainsboro I'd be in the congregation beaming at our very multi-talented fella! I only wish I could have made it. :(

I did not mean to post this twice. OOPS!

Ads by Google:

Yeah!

Well, no miracle chickie resurection, but Re-peep hatched and seems fine. I'll listen to the last egg today, and if it's not peeping, out it goes. That way Dovey can get up and follow the kid around if she decides to leave the nest.

Will continue to say prayers. I think Re-peep is pretty miraculous!

Love,

Loey

Want to hear something funy? Come hear me attempt to preach to day! LOL I better at least go take a shower first. :)

I would have been there in a minute if I still lived in Plainsboro. You've all been in my thoughts and prayers. Would love to see your sermon if you want to IM or email me. Kristi and Timothy must be so proud of you and so are all us of psillies!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Loey

I was thinking that, too!

I need some serious help! I can't stop eating peanut brittle! smiley-animal0025.gif

I can't stop eating period! Superman says if it's not nailed down it finds it's way into my stomach. At least it's gluten-free and Celiac is back on track. Enjoy that peanut brittle, dear friend!

Love,

Loey

two moles removed and 9 stiches later in my back....

Good to get that taken care of.

Did you get a crockpot for Xmas?

I had a mole done last year. Hope it heals nice and quickly.

Happy New Year to all you lovely psillies :)

I've got one I've been trying to get rid of for some time now :o - some darned thing or other keeps preventing it :ph34r:

Sorry about the cikvebs Jestgar.

OK, since Jest brought up resurrections stories, got to throw a couple real ones in. Too late for Vinchants sermon though, sorry.

Ok, so many years ago, on a ground far away, I had cabin on a rise in a ravine between two steep hills. Wild white trilliums bloomed in the yard in the spring. I may have seen a Rocky Mountain Combine once too. And some May apples liked the quiet of the dark woods as well. There was a little rocky stream that flowed past the cabin on the left side. Large rock cliffs lined the stream and grape vines hung from the walnut trees in the woods. Place was called Bear Wallow Hollow. But man moved in and drilled a well.

One day I left the cabin via the front door to check on the well drilling. I stepped down and felt a squish just as I saw a huge brown caterpillar under my descending right boot. This guy was five inches long or more and as big around as a super-sized Cuban cigar. I didn't smash his head but his body was kind of paper-thin. A big squish of green goo came out his back end on the step. I figured he was a goner for sure.

The feller drilling the well was done and got in his truck to leave. He backed up and stopped his rear wheel on a little furry kitten that as all of 6 inches long. I yelled at him to stop and he did, right on top the kitten. There was just a little head and two tiny front legs sticking out out from under the rear tire. He pulled forward and stopped. The kitten was particularly flat. We both stared at it for a little bit and figured it was a goner. But danged if it didn't get up and start wobbling around the grass. Falling over several times but walking. After a few minutes it acted like nothing had happened!

When I got back to the cabin the caterpillar was gone. It had crawled off the step and made a hasty retreat. I don't know how it survived a 200 lb man's boot stepping on it and squishing out it's innards but it did. I figure it was mostly half digested leaves and such that came out.

Well, that's all I got.

Wolfie, get better soon. Take it easy on your stiches!

Jestgur, can find away to stretch your back, maybe hanging from a door frame or something? If you hang from a door frame and wiggle a bit gravity will help stretch out the discs in your back and that can help things get back in alignment.

Looey, good to hear you are doing better and back gluten-free. Have a great time at your outing! :)

and Happy New Year to everyone! :D

I've had it done before, so its no big deal :) Stiches are itchy :blink:

Nah, no crockpot. I did get some new cooking utencils that were more heat resistant.

Great story, Gee Eff--glad those critters had a happy ending :D

Had a mole removed once but they cauterized it--no stitches. Had 3 ugly looking "moles" on me forehead that were actually some other harmless (but ugly) growth--the derm froze those off :unsure: . Good to get those things taken care of ;)

Well, Happy New Year all :) We are going to friends' house later to ring in the new year--bringing my homemade cheesecake w/pecan shortbread crust and chocolate ganach topping. B)

Hahaha, I read that as 'homemade cheesecake weapon' and thought, how appropriate.

Hahaha, I read that as 'homemade cheesecake weapon' and thought, how appropriate.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:)

Trying to re- organize. - no...that implies they were organized before. Trying to organize my recipes. Can't find anything! So ....does Tex Mex lasagna go in " pasta" or " Mexican style" section?

two moles removed and 9 stiches later in my back....

Sending you lots of positive energy and gentle healing hugs!

Love,

Loey

Trying to re- organize. - no...that implies they were organized before. Trying to organize my recipes. Can't find anything! So ....does Tex Mex lasagna go in " pasta" or " Mexican style" section?

Belongs in "fusion" :rolleyes:

So ....does Tex Mex lasagna go in " pasta" or " Mexican style" section?

:huh::mellow: Good question! :lol: Italian? :P

LOVED the squished kitten and catterpillar tales, Geee-Eff...! The will to live, the will to live..... :) .. . . .

Jestgur, can find away to stretch your back, maybe hanging from a door frame or something? If you hang from a door frame and wiggle a bit gravity will help stretch out the discs in your back and that can help things get back in alignment.

This, whilst being excellent advice, somehow strikes me at the same time as being SOOO funny..... :lol: Just picturing Jyesss vaulting up, hooking her legs around the top of a door frame, gracefully hanging downward...... :lol:

...Something I may try this evening......"tis New Years eve, after all......

The wanna be librarian in me says Mexican with a cross reference to pasta.

Love,

Loey

...Something I may try this evening......"tis New Years eve, after all......

Make sure Will gets a pic!! :D

The hanging in the doorway reminds me of an old Andy Griffith show where Barney was deemed too short for his job (new rules) so they tried stretching him by putting his head in a harness and hanging him in a doorway. Hee!

Love,

Loey

Ever the smart, sensible one :wub:

Make sure Will gets a pic!! :D

The hanging in the doorway reminds me of an old Andy Griffith show where Barney was deemed too short for his job (new rules) so they tried stretching him by putting his head in a harness and hanging him in a doorway. Hee!

Novel therapy seen this summer: hubs in harness (no, psillies, this is not something kinky :P ) with the physical therapist hanging on the straps trying to rein him in. Like a draught horse pulling a (small) cart loaded with rocks. Now he's in massage therapy for his neck and shoulders :lol:

Now he's in massage therapy for his neck and shoulders :lol:

Don't doubt that!! :o

Love,

Loey

M decided it should be in pasta with other lasagnas. I thought about making copies and putting recipes in more than one place but ......too much work. I got some cute binders and the only recipes in these will be the ones I know we like. A pocket page in each section for recipes I want to try but haven't earned the right to be in the book.

I had a friend that defrosted a kitten. A feral cat had 2 kittens somehow on top of the wood pile - in a window box over it or something. the kittens fell down into the wood pile and got stuck. My friend came home and realized something had happened. She dug them out and one was frozen & dead. She brought them in and warmed them up and the dead one came back to life. She was always a bit uncoordinated and odd but a nice house cat.

M decided it should be in pasta with other lasagnas.

Ok, when you put it in that context it makes perfect sense. :rolleyes: