This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Thanks for the neat article Shroomie. It sounds like CC is getting pretty creative with the rebound effort. Art projects and shipping container malls. Really sounds kind of fun. So now we know wher you hang ot on Friday nights, the Smash Palace?

"Smash Palace, selling boutique beers, is a mobile pub made from two buses, scaffolding and a shipping container."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Love your re cap of Shroomie's update.

What a great spirit to rebuild

kareng Grand Master

Today, my yoga teacher was trying to explain something and used an anaolgy of 2 pieces of bread and the meat in the sandwich (don't ask, it didn't make that much sense to me either). She said sometimes someone says they don't eat meat. I piped up with "I don't eat bread!" She said think of a letttuce leaf sandwich. <_<

GFinDC Veteran

Just an update, the red "hive" lines (still an outline of the latex bandaid) are still there, but its slowly going away.

Hi Wolfie,

Looks like we gots anutter one wit the latex allurgee. LJ seems to have it also, but she is just trying to get it figured out with her allergist. Can you give her any advice?

http://www.celiac.co...nt/#entry846896

shadowicewolf Proficient

Hi Wolfie,

Looks like we gots anutter one wit the latex allurgee. LJ seems to have it also, but she is just trying to get it figured out with her allergist. Can you give her any advice?

http://www.celiac.co...nt/#entry846896

I tried :)

On a latex related note, I'm healing! Yay! Still have outlines that are visable, but its going away. I'm letting it clear up on its own instead of taking something for it. I can't tell ya how much i wanna take a backscratcher to it sometimes.

mushroom Proficient

Underneath my kitchen windows I have a big bricked in planter with my herb garden contained therein. (I know, it's from my days of legal writing :P ) In that herb garden grow most of my herbs except parsley and cilantro. This includes rosemary, sage, and an enormous forest of dill waving its tall yellow flowers at me through the windows, blocking my view of the ocean, nagging me to come and whack it. (This is a task my late sister always performed when she came on a busman's holiday during Novembers in times of yore so I always left it for her.) So, of course, not this year :( :(

Hubs, the inveterate (hahaha!!) gardener in the family, says in all seriousness whilst perusing a recipe online that he was proposing to prepare: "What a pity we don't have any dill in the garden" Me: "Oh, if you look really, really hard, I think you might find some out there." Hubs: "What does dill look like, anyway??" Aha, the root of the problem!!! I shoulda trained him better, but he's doing really well on the chefing front :D as long as he can recognize what he's putting in :P

elye Community Regular

Jeez, Shrooomie, ya better stay vigilant..... .. . . :unsure: .....Hubs may be throwin' lovely-flowered poison oak or hemlock into your next salad.....

:rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

Poison oak, no -- we don't have none of that hereabouts (big reason for leaving CA - for both of us; couldn't handle the prednisone any more :unsure: ). And I wouldn't know what hemlock looks like, come to thinkofit. But I don't think we have that either - that is SO old world :D

mushroom Proficient

Captured from the chemical allergies thread:

From my understanding, different rubbers are used for different things.

That's my understanding also, Wolfie. :D

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

GFinDC Veteran

I tried :)

On a latex related note, I'm healing! Yay! Still have outlines that are visable, but its going away. I'm letting it clear up on its own instead of taking something for it. I can't tell ya how much i wanna take a backscratcher to it sometimes.

Tanks Wolfie! :)

I can't tell ya how much i wanna take a backscratcher to it sometimes.

That's what cats r 4. :blink::wacko::o

VydorScope Proficient

Captured from the chemical allergies thread:

That's my understanding also, Wolfie. :D

Out of context quotes can be so damaging LOL

shadowicewolf Proficient
:lol:
Jestgar Rising Star

Re-peep seems to be past the fragile stage. She follows Mom around instead of standing in one place crying, and she's successfully put herself to bed three nights in a row. Guess I can stop fussing now. :rolleyes:

In other news, after watching that 'Hoarders' show I've started trying to clear crap out of my house again.It's not that I have a lot, I just don't see the reason for keeping stuff I'm not using.

We'll see how long this phase lasts.. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient

Aww, great news about Re-peep!!

kareng Grand Master

Heard from the college boy last night. His chocolate milk kit Xmas gift was a big hit. They only have plain milk at his frat. I got him this type of bottle and Nesquik chocolate syrup.

http://www.dietdirect.com/blender-bottle-20oz-sundesa-shaker-bottle.html

shadowicewolf Proficient

On the hive note, almost gone! Yay! just two little red marks that i could kinda see.

VydorScope Proficient

been spotty trying to get in here the last couple days... maybe all is good now?

psawyer Proficient

been spotty trying to get in here the last couple days... maybe all is good now?

The old server was shut down 24 hours ago. The new one was up a few hours later, but since the IP address changed, your DNS cache might remember the old one for a while. There can be deeper issues. My ISP's default DNS server, preprogrammed into the modem, is out of date and no longer refreshed regularly. I had to tweak my router to use an explicit DNS server by IP address (4.2.2.2).

VydorScope Proficient

The old server was shut down 24 hours ago. The new one was up a few hours later, but since the IP address changed, your DNS cache might remember the old one for a while. There can be deeper issues. My ISP's default DNS server, preprogrammed into the modem, is out of date and no longer refreshed regularly. I had to tweak my router to use an explicit DNS server by IP address (4.2.2.2).

I figured that might be what you did since my work machine could reach you (dif ISP) and my home could not. Thats why did not bug anyone in the admin section :)

mushroom Proficient

Actually, Skaught lost the key after he locked the door last night, and had to break in to get the board back up :D

mushroom Proficient

Our DOC (Dept. of Conservation) controls a lot of parkland, and thoughtfully 'maintains' shelter huts for trampers and backpackers to take cover from our sometimes wildly unpredictable and inclement weather (howling gales and major downpours in the last week at height of summer hols.) Someone with a sense of humor has been visiting the huts this summer, posting signs. Here's one:

Warning: children conceived in this hut are the property of the Department of Conservation.

:unsure:

And another:

We would have enough money to restore this hut if you would stop voting for that dork John Key!

:lol:

You guys seriously have to watch the video I shared on FBook, it's so funny it made me cry.

That's never happened before. Might have something to do with the flu, but hey....

Jestgar Rising Star

You guys seriously have to watch the video I shared on FBook, it's so funny it made me cry.

That's never happened before. Might have something to do with the flu, but hey....

It really is hysterical. I sent it to the theatre people - they're doing Les Mis this season

Well, I suppose it's a bit funnier if you're a Les Mis freak, but still....