Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

2,226 posts in this topic

Must head over to Da Book.... . . ..check it out......I'm ready to larf....

Ads by Google:

You guys seriously have to watch the video I shared on FBook, it's so funny it made me cry.

That's never happened before. Might have something to do with the flu, but hey....

:D :D :D

I try not to overly dwell on this, or overburden you guys with it, but thought that almost two years on you might be interested in the state of our city.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/opinion/8140685/Christchurch-from-an-outsiders-eyes

I'm interested and thankful you shared - rising from the rubble - you have experience both personally and now your city.

The best is yet to come for you both!

You guys seriously have to watch the video I shared on FBook, it's so funny it made me cry.

That's never happened before. Might have something to do with the flu, but hey....

Sure! Right away... oh yeah, thats right, some of us cannot do that because not all of are on your Facebook friends list. :( :(

Having realized I am a horrible person, here is the link to the funny video I was talking about:

If that doesn't work, the video is called 'One Grain More' by Michael Bihovsky

I was prepared to pay the "No FaceBook" penalty, but thank you Vydorscope and Bunnie both!! Who can't relate to that !!! Hilarious.

Heard from the college boy last night. His chocolate milk kit Xmas gift was a big hit. They only have plain milk at his frat. I got him this type of bottle and Nesquik chocolate syrup. http://www.dietdirec...ker-bottle.html

Nice bottle Karen, that should really shake him up! :)

Having realized I am a horrible person, here is the link to the funny video I was talking about:

Thanks Bunnies, that's a good one!

I wish I did not understand that!!!!

..off to find an oat to milk..

There is far too little activity here lately for someone home with the flu.

Someone do something funny! :P

The link didn't work, but I looked it up on my own- very funny!

Happy New Year!! Vacationed for 9 days!!! Then came back to find out that my lab hired a new tech, and suddenly I'm expected to change my schedule now. Um... Seriously??? I'm praying so hard that my supervisor figures out a way to keep me in this current schedule. As it is, the longest I go without seeing my kids is 2 days. This would mean I'd not see them for 5 days out of 7 every other week. This would be tragic on so many levels. I'm trying not to panic... Trying...

My kids are so funny and Maddie has that dry sense of humor that comes out of nowhere sometimes. Her, Captain and I are sitting at the table playing cards last night. A knock at the door and their dad comes in. Looks at Captain, Captain stiffens up, then he walks back to Max's room so Max can show him his newest Lego creation. Maddie looks at Captain and I and says, "Well, THIS is awkward..." I just about died laughing. She's such a nut! :wub:

Maddie looks at Captain and I and says, "Well, THIS is awkward..."

:lol: Awesome.... . . . ...we really DO need kids around us....

:D

Thanks Bunny - That is great!

The link didn't work, but I looked it up on my own- very funny!

My link worked for me?

Its not going to snow.... they said...

Its going to pass us.... they said...

Its snowing....

Its not going to snow.... they said...

Its going to pass us.... they said...

Its snowing....

Guess they gave you a snow job.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Guess they gave you a snow job.

:lol::ph34r::lol::ph34r:

I have been sitting here on my butt for hours reading stupid stuff on the internet. Anybody have any motivation to send my way?

I have been sitting here on my butt for hours reading stupid stuff on the internet. Anybody have any motivation to send my way?

Haven't seen any lying around recently. If I were to, I might use it myself though :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• It only takes a minute to make a difference. Celiac disease has been overshadowed by the gluten-free diet fad. Getting diagnosed and staying healthy is no piece of cake – those of us who have celiac disease struggle to stay healthy. We need better. We need to be understood. We need a cure. View the full article
    • If you are one of the approximately 2-3 million Americans with celiac disease, ZyGluten™ may be taken before you eat out at a restaurant or a friend\'s house, as it may help break down any gluten cross-contamination that you might encounter. View the full article
    • Advil (ibuprofen) is gluten-free, but can be a stomach irritant, especially if taken on an empty stomach. That said, I will also place my bet on the garlic and onions. As Raven said, eating more than once a day may also help. An empty stomach is likely to be an irritable stomach.
    • Another link: http://naldc.nal.usda.gov/download/7351/PDF
    • Thanks for posting.  I know it is difficult to talk about these sorts of things even on a webforum.  It is good thing for people to be aware though about celiac disease and that it can cause mental problems.  Gluten can cause brain damage and it can cause anxiety. If the brain does heal it may take a long time. I know that gluten can cause anxiety and obsessive thoughts.  My experience has been similar to your experience. When I first quit eating gluten I had a similar constant loop and strong negative feelings. There are lots of people on this forum who get anxiety when they eat gluten. Some people also experience gluten withdrawl where they experience anxiety after giving up gluten. It can take a long time for the body to heal and for obsessive thoughts to go away.
       It is normal for people to socialize with each other and to be comfortable about it. You said you have problems still socializing and being around people. It might be a depressing thought but it sounds to me like you still have problems with anxiety.  I would recommend considering what options you have available to treat the anxiety. When I quit eating Gluten I still had some symptoms, even though I felt much better. I have been slowly recovering over a period of about three years. I had obsessive thoughts even after I quit eating gluten.  Now I very rarely if at all think about those things. My experience is that my mind would latch on to certain things that caused me anxiety and focus on those things. Sometimes my focus would shift and I would latch onto other things. My ability to socialize has also improved greatly with time. I have made some dietary changes which I believe have helped greatly. It sounds to me like you have obsessive thoughts about things and maybe some brain damage. My experience has been that my obsessive thoughts about different things went away with time. I feel my obsessive thoughts were caused by gluten and not by what people did around me or any events. As my brain healed I became more self aware and things became less stressful.  I can't give medical advice on this forum but I can talk about my current diet and my experience with celiac disease. My experience with gluten is different from a lot of other people so it is a good idea to ask other people and to talk to a doctor.  I avoid oats and avoid almost all processed foods. I buy certified gluten free food. I eat healthy and I exercise every day. I take st John's Wort as I have read studies that say it may be as effective as some other anti-depressants for treating certain types of anxiety. It is available over the counter. I started with a small dosage and then stepped it up over time. I think it helps a lot.  This is also something that you should talk to a doctor about first. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Martin_Mahoney2/publication/7426926_St._John's_wort/links/540d8acc0cf2f2b29a386673.pdf A lot of people with celiac disease have vitamin deficiencies.  Vitamin b deficiency can cause anxiety. Some people do not process the synthetic form of vitamin b (from normal pills)  very well, and do better on an activated form of vitamin b. I take:
      1 activated vitamin b12 daily
      1 activated vitamin b6 every once in a while. 1 regular vitamin b multivitamin
      1 magnesium pill every day.
      St Johns Wort daily.
      1 zinc vitamin daily
      I drink lots of Chamomile tea and decaf coffee. I avoid most caffeine. 
      I think each of these helps lower my anxiety level.  I eat fruit with every meal. Canned fruit from walmart is cheap and good for you. I eat salad and and vegetables and avoid dairy.  I eat frozen fish often as it has healthy proteins. Eating healthy is very important. I eat potatoes and rice. http://www.livestrong.com/article/454179-what-is-methyl-b12/ I avoid eating soy sauce, soy, cheese, aged meats and fermented foods (I do drink certain types of alcohol in moderate amounts.) These foods contain lots of Tyramine. I might (or might not) have "monoaine oxidase deficiency" and if so high Tyramine foods should be avoided.  I thought I might have problems with elevated ammonia in my blood, but I am not convinced of that anymore. I limited my consumption of meat for a while as well as dairy but I am not sure if i helped.  I have heard that Celiac disease can effect other organs besides the brain and those organs can have an effect on the brain.  My current diet is working so I am going to stick with it for now. I try not to worry about things that are outside of my control. Be patient as it took me a long time to recover.  Let me know if you have any questions. There is a lot of information on this site and people who are willing to help.

• Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Gigi Fagon