Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

2,226 posts in this topic

For a while now I've been trying to steel myself to have the "big retirement plan" discussion with my parents.  I've been trying to predict their concerns and have prepared answers and I expected to have the full acceptance take a while.  The actual conversation went something like this:

Me: *deep breath* "So I'm planning on selling my house and taking off sailing with the pirate as my plan for retirement"

Parents: "That sounds like a GREAT adventure"

Me:.................yeah........it does...

Secretly wild and crazy septuagenarians: 1

Overly worrisome middle age lady:  0

Ads by Google:

Woohoo

(Is the house on the market yet?)

Three years from now.  Need more equity and time (and money) to update a few things on the boat.  'tis a carefully thought out plan in reality and I think I made my brother and sister jealous (always a bonus). :)

Jess, what a great response from your parents-- and a load off your mind!

Great adventure indeed. The minute you plan to hit the east coast, let me know!

So it's really happening!! :-)

sans :lol: :lol:

Geoss, cracking up at the BIG discussion ! are you really going to do this ?? magnificent.....are the chickens and turkeys and kittehs going to live on the boat ???

Butch is coming, Bo is still in question.  Long hair, South America....perhaps not the most comfortable....  We'll see.

Some subset of the poultry will become dinner and the rest I'll sell.  That should probably be phrased as:  will try to sell the poultry but some will become dinner.

So far away, it's hard to be patient. :(

Three years from now.  Need more equity and time (and money) to update a few things on the boat.  'tis a carefully thought out plan in reality and I think I made my brother and sister jealous (always a bonus). :)

I am so proud of you and excited for you. What cool parents you have! Just remember that RI is the Ocean State so you best plan on bringing your boat here. We'll have a Psilly Psummit II.   :wub:  :wub: 

I just quoted a million things but not only is it too hard for this Psilly Dingo to quote in between selected posts, I got busted for "more than allotted amount of quotes."  BLAST IT ALL !!   :angry:

OUT OF MY MIND for Psilly Psummit !!!  and yer funni-ness, all of youse.  Proud of Vinsccent !!!  but omg.....I cannae make it to Boston....cannot travel ANYwhere due to pets and expenses.  but OH MY LORD, WHERE IS THAT YETI????  yes, yes, he can handle the bags/valaises (is that the write wwword?) but do NOT let him anywhere near the fridge.  Selling clementines at Whole Phoods  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   They would not let his stink-ass in the door, Pads, must have been an imposter. 

Oh.....if I win the lottery....I WILL BE THERE !!!!  :rolleyes:

Where is Ptaum???  has ANYone heard from him??  he seems quiet for so, so long....  :(

buying lottery tickets this week  ;)

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

OH!!! some of youse will remember that pseudo-celebrity I (erronesously) dated in the late 90s....to 2000?  I posted pics of him on FB today.....soooooo funny !!!   (hint - Secret Agent Man)   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I wish I could figure out a way to teleport all psillies too far away to come to Boston.  :(

Butch is coming, Bo is still in question.  Long hair, South America....perhaps not the most comfortable....  We'll see.

Some subset of the poultry will become dinner and the rest I'll sell.  That should probably be phrased as:  will try to sell the poultry but some will become dinner.

So far away, it's hard to be patient. :(

it MUST be hard....three years is a long way off...but you have a  DREAM and a GOAL, and you will do it....amazing !  but...um...yer gonna eat yer civkebs???  :blink::lol:

I wish I could figure out a way to teleport all psillies too far away to come to Boston.  :(

:(  me too, Loey, me too. 

Me three:-/

Okay, guys....I put the big, long, compelling Psilly Pstory on Ellen's "Ideas for a show" section of her website....explaining our incredible history, what we've come to mean to each other, and most importantly, how funny as hell we all are -- THIS is what would make great TV.....all of us up on her stage panel would be the most hilarious thing in the time slot. I wanted to convince her that paying for ALL of us to meet (hoping she'll just kick in to pay for everyone's trip to Boston, and show up with a big camera crew) would be the smartest executive decision that her creative directing team could EVER make.

So I await to hear her acceptance of my proposal.     B)   B)   :D

But perhaps instead Jyessss will end up on Ellen as one of these elusive middle-aged women who suddenly grab life by the balls, throw it all in and sail off to a lifetime adventure. If Ellen hasn't already done a show on this, she should..... . .What a fantastic thing you are doing, Jyessss...really exciting!

How exciting Em!!!

Woohoo!!!! That would add another whole dimension to our trip.

I agree, Jyess' upcoming adventure would definitely be a fit for Ellen. Just remember RI is the Ocean State so you better plan on dropping anchor here!

Guess I can't get enough of my dear psillies :-)

Brilliant Em!  Wouldn't that be cool if it worked!

HOLY COW Emmel that is fan-freaking-tastic !!  Now.....if only we could get Ellen diagnosed w Celiac....hmmm.....couldn't this be done....somehow??

I mean.....if we pooled all our money....did something tricksy.....  B)

smh @ DinoGirl

When words are not enough....

OMG....say it with bacon, indeed....   :lol:   :lol:

Yes, Sooooozle -- you may be onto something. Ellen could very well BE celiac....undiagnosed, of course, as what -- 90% of those with this intolerance do not know they have it... Hmmmmm...we must get her to believe that she has a problem with gluten, and then she'll fly with it. She is thin....I wonder if she has a lot of gas? I'd have to try to get in touch with her film crew, as they would certainly know. As would Portia....must find contact info....    :lol:

OMG....say it with bacon, indeed....   :lol:   :lol:

Yes, Sooooozle -- you may be onto something. Ellen could very well BE celiac....undiagnosed, of course, as what -- 90% of those with this intolerance do not know they have it... Hmmmmm...we must get her to believe that she has a problem with gluten, and then she'll fly with it. She is thin....I wonder if she has a lot of gas? I'd have to try to get in touch with her film crew, as they would certainly know. As would Portia....must find contact info....    :lol:

Portia is very thin. Maybe she has it too?

Portia is very thin. Maybe she has it too?

A very distinct possibility. Just sayin....

Y'all are too much sometimes!

For those who may not know, brother of Peter and ( wife Jacquie) passed away yesterday.

SAWYER, Alan Bruce - 51, passed away at home June 8. Beloved husband of Kim Sawyer (Piekarz), dear son of John and Virginia. Fondly missed by Peter (Jacquie) and Rob (Carolyn) and Piekarz family.

Oh, POeter...... :(   :(    :(  I'm so, so sorry....

More on my FB page. Scroll down to find where I share Rob's photo.

Such sad news. I hope that all of your treasured memories will comfort you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

(((Hugs))),

Loey