• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

It's not about the nail!

Too funny and too true!

Clearly written by a man.... <_<

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1592 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

9 years ago, when my son was born I could not walk to my mail box with out getting winded. I got fed up with being sick and weak, and made it about to get healthy so that my son could have a father to play with. TODAY I ran my first 5k race since high school, and took second place for my age group, behind the sicko that took 2 second place over all.

It CAN be done. W00T!

- Vincent -

#1593 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

9 years ago, when my son was born I could not walk to my mail box with out getting winded. I got fed up with being sick and weak, and made it about to get healthy so that my son could have a father to play with. TODAY I ran my first 5k race since high school, and took second place for my age group, behind the sicko that took 2 second place over all.

It CAN be done. W00T!

Way to go Vincent!!!!!! I'm not surprised in the least (but proud nonetheless).

#1594 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hey Vincent
That is great news, congratulations.
I bet Timothy loves having a Dad that can join in.

Our little ones are such a blessing

Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#1595 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

That is fantastic V!!!! Wow! Congrats:)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#1596 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

I just quoted a million things but not only is it too hard for this Psilly Dingo to quote in between selected posts, I got busted for "more than allotted amount of quotes."  BLAST IT ALL !!   :angry:

OUT OF MY MIND for Psilly Psummit !!!  and yer funni-ness, all of youse.  Proud of Vinsccent !!!  but omg.....I cannae make it to Boston....cannot travel ANYwhere due to pets and expenses.  but OH MY LORD, WHERE IS THAT YETI????  yes, yes, he can handle the bags/valaises (is that the write wwword?) but do NOT let him anywhere near the fridge.  Selling clementines at Whole Phoods  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   They would not let his stink-ass in the door, Pads, must have been an imposter. 

Oh.....if I win the lottery....I WILL BE THERE !!!!  :rolleyes:

Where is Ptaum???  has ANYone heard from him??  he seems quiet for so, so long....  :( 

buying lottery tickets this week  ;)

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

OH!!! some of youse will remember that pseudo-celebrity I (erronesously) dated in the late 90s....to 2000?  I posted pics of him on FB today.....soooooo funny !!!   (hint - Secret Agent Man)   :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#1597 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

How is the parade going there?
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#1598 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

Hey Sooz! Dang blasted FB on my fone! Had to go look for it, but saw the pic of you and Mr. R.

Odd, yesterday I think it was, I saw a bunch of pics from you--sans those two-- maybe you added to them? Anywho, v cool;). I think I told you that 'Poor Side of Town' is one of me all time favs and I kinda have a "six degrees" thing in my mind going on! lol

I said "sans".....
Patti

#1599 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:09 AM

.... and fiddlesticks about the Summit but it's a long, costly trip and as much as I'd love to see you, I understand.

If it were to be held in CA, it's doubtphul I'd be able to make it--as it is now, because of work and other commitments we can only be there for the weekend.
Patti

#1600 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

I said "sans".....

Love it when Pads cracks herself up  :P

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#1601 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

For a while now I've been trying to steel myself to have the "big retirement plan" discussion with my parents.  I've been trying to predict their concerns and have prepared answers and I expected to have the full acceptance take a while.  The actual conversation went something like this:

Me: *deep breath* "So I'm planning on selling my house and taking off sailing with the pirate as my plan for retirement"

Parents: "That sounds like a GREAT adventure"

Me:.................yeah........it does...

Secretly wild and crazy septuagenarians: 1

Overly worrisome middle age lady:  0

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#1602 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Woohoo
(Is the house on the market yet?)

#1603 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

Three years from now.  Need more equity and time (and money) to update a few things on the boat.  'tis a carefully thought out plan in reality and I think I made my brother and sister jealous (always a bonus). :)

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#1604 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

Jess, what a great response from your parents-- and a load off your mind!

Great adventure indeed. The minute you plan to hit the east coast, let me know!

So it's really happening!! :-)
Patti

#1605 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

sans :lol: :lol:

Geoss, cracking up at the BIG discussion ! are you really going to do this ?? magnificent.....are the chickens and turkeys and kittehs going to live on the boat ???
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: