2225 replies to this topic

#151 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Please get some snuggles in for me. Found out today I have a heavy duty case of Epstein Barr to add to my list of ailments. At least I know why I nap so frequently.

Hugz,
Loey

Questions... are all these issues side effects of something else, or you just that lucky?

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#152 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Epstein-Barr is Herpes 4, and one of the most common viruses among humans. It is much more
likely to affect those with compromised immune systems. So probably a lot of things are linked
for Loey :( I had the shingles a few years ago, again more likely to surface when you have an
autoimmune disease. Hope you haven't had the shingles Lo! They suck! Take lots of nappies!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#153 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Asked hubby to help me remind kids to clear their dishes from the table and keep their stuff off of the kitchen island (hairbrushes, library books, school id . . . ). I said I was starting my new year's resolution early . . . to keep the kitchen table and island clear of clutter.

Hubby: "Oh, like last year there would be no dirty dishes in the sink overnight?"
Me: "I said that?"
Hubby: "Yes."
Me: "That doesn't sound like something I would say."
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#154 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Asked hubby to help me remind kids to clear their dishes from the table and keep their stuff off of the kitchen island (hairbrushes, library books, school id . . . ). I said I was starting my new year's resolution early . . . to keep the kitchen table and island clear of clutter.

Hubby: "Oh, like last year there would be no dirty dishes in the sink overnight?"
Me: "I said that?"
Hubby: "Yes."
Me: "That doesn't sound like something I would say."

Apparently the "just deny it" resolution stuck.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#155 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

I put this fake green pine garland on my indoor stair rails for Christmas. I have decorated it with some icy looking branches, lights and a few glass Christmas tree ornaments. When I put them up, 3 of the balls always detach from the top cap and fall and break. This year, I laid them out on the dining room table and glued the glass balls to the caps while still attached to the greenery. A blue one was hanging off the edge. Gracie calmly whacked it and it fell, shattered and Gracie calmly walked away. I think I need to get the plastic " shatterproof" balls ones and replace them.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#156 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Welcome to the holidays according to kitty....our first Christmas with Shelby she removed all the ornaments from the bottom quarter of the tree and would pop out from hiding behind branches of the tree to swat at us if we tried to rehang them -- my toddlers (now teens) never created such mischief :P

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#157 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Welcome to the holidays according to kitty....our first Christmas with Shelby she removed all the ornaments from the bottom quarter of the tree and would pop out from hiding behind branches of the tree to swat at us if we tried to rehang them -- my toddlers (now teens) never created such mischief :P

We discussed this at dinner. M pointed out that we have always hung the non- breakable kid ornaments at the bottom due to large dog tails so we should be good.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#158 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

my old cat wasn't an ornament destroyer, rather she would go under the tree, find her present, then drag it to the front. Don't ask me how she knew.

#159 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hey wanna see something cool - well if you are interested in medical advances -- a friend of mine is working on this "tumor paint" molecule to help neurosurgeons find their way around the brain - if you have about three minutes check it out and vote the video up as it is some sort of chance of running for Sundance -- oh there are a couple gooey shots :ph34r:

vimeo.com/focusforwardfilms/semifinalists/51888804

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#160 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Shadow
Did the kitty present have catnip/catmint by any chance?

We had a pretend robin on the tree one year, and saw the cat do that crouch down butt wiggle, but we were the other side of the room and could do nothing to prevent the demise of the robin.

My Mum's cat used to tap some little bell decorations and ring them.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#161 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

My Mum's cat used to tap some little bell decorations and ring them.

Great idea - need to pick up Advent candy today - am going to look for some bells for the bottom of our tree!

Thanks Mw :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#162 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

My pleasure. It was the cutest thing to see. (Though the robin incident was hilarious!!!)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#163 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hey wanna see something cool - well if you are interested in medical advances -- a friend of mine is working on this "tumor paint" molecule to help neurosurgeons find their way around the brain - if you have about three minutes check it out and vote the video up as it is some sort of chance of running for Sundance -- oh there are a couple gooey shots :ph34r:

vimeo.com/focusforwardfilms/semifinalists/51888804

Very cool. I voted for it! It's amazing the things they can do these days in medicine.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#164 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Not as far as i know :) She normally got a sealed can of treats and a toy.

I've still got this head cold thing going on. Looking back on it, previous times when i've had this type of cold it would be a lot worse. Perhaps this is because i've been feeling soooo good since the diet change and all that jazz? Not to mention, i don't weigh nearly as much as i used to (used to be pushing 190, now am at about 130 at 5'4'', rather proud of that i am), maybe that is a factor. Who knows :lol:

#165 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

I'm doing a headcold and cough today, sympathy there.

Wow, great on the weight loss, good going :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: