2225 replies to this topic

#1636 Loey

Loey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers as Mother Nature continues to wreck havoc. Hope your power outages are short (or nonexistent), your patience is long and your health is good.

Superman had laser knee surgery very early this AM. It went well (other than the doctor never coming out to tell me it was over or that he was fine). We're home, tired and DH is already putting full weight on the leg that was operated on.

Love my psillies!!!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1637 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

Just a quick phloooid alert, 4 posts till my 1k. Maybe just a little localized dampness for that. Bit of a big responsibility after some of the recent ones

Keep posting dear friend!  :D

#1638 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!! May you be surrounded by those you love most dearly.

Much Love,
Loey

#1639 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

Sneaking in my 1k while no one is looking
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#1640 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Peekaboo!
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1641 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hahaha.

Nice to see you Peter
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#1642 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Well, POeter, I dunno about you further west, but we had rain coming down in absolute sheets all day today......deluged. Now I've just realized why, Warpie....!  

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1643 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

We had rain, heavy at times, in the morning. But it stopped just past noon. It was sunny at times. Right now, I am looking out the front window at the setting sun hitting the tops of the trees in the back yard across the road.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.

#1644 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

WOOHOO!!!!!!

#1645 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Finally found out what's causing my ahem ... ladyparts issue. E-Coli. I should be in great shape after finally getting on the right antibiotic (even though I hate antibiotics and most meds at this point). I was starting to feel like I was just going to have to get used to living with it. As always the support of my psilly family has gotten me through another rough spot. Psillies Rock!!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Loey

#1646 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Well, it is time for another adventure with the stove. Those of you with long memories may recall service calls in October and November on our ancient stove--specifically the oven.

We used it Saturday and it was fine. Yesterday, it incinerated some nacho chips by running the grill element when it was supposed to be baking at 350. We are expecting Tony the appliance technician within the next two hours, but suspect he will just administer last rites.
Peter

#1647 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

I see stove shopping in yer immediate future, PeOte.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#1648 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

Well, it is time for another adventure with the stove. Those of you with long memories may recall service calls in October and November on our ancient stove--specifically the oven.

We used it Saturday and it was fine. Yesterday, it incinerated some nacho chips by running the grill element when it was supposed to be baking at 350. We are expecting Tony the appliance technician within the next two hours, but suspect he will just administer last rites.

So sorry to hear that Poeter & Jacquie!  :(

#1649 WardGirl

WardGirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

The stove was given it's death notice at 12:17pm DST. We're off this afternoon to look at new ones. We now have one Harvest Gold Appliance left that we'll not talk about.

Have been gluten free since April 2008. The only reason I did this was to make cooking at home easier since my husband has been a Celiac since 2000.

As to why I'm called Ward Girl only Nick and I know the reason :-)

#1650 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

I called it!!! lol

Happy shopping :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou