#1741 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

Looks like I can quote also.

I can quote, too. But the iPad has never had the emoticon feature. I have bugged Scott mercilessly about it, but it may not be possible.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1742 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

I can quote, too. But the iPad has never had the emoticon feature. I have bugged Scott mercilessly about it, but it may not be possible.

Yeah, I use my phone most of the time now and miss the lil guys.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#1743 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Well, somefin's wrong with my system, then....(((sigh)))......I cannot quote, nor can I access the emoticons....even in the "More reply options" window....I guess I will head over to the tech issues section (dear gawd.....how will I know how to conduct myself? 'Twill be like I've landed in a completely foreign country)....

I NEED ACCESS TO THE SMILIES!!

....Can't STAND it.........

Interesting....I can change the font.....bold it, underline.......but no quoting or emoting....

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1744 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Interesting....I can change the font.....bold it, underline.......but no quoting or emoting....

Hmmm...Well, I'm now on my laptop, and I can quote here.....Annnnnnnnnnd........ :mellow:   :mellow: ..... Yep, I can use the li'l guys here....

So it must be some strange new setting on my desktop.....weird....

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

#1745 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hmmm...Well, I'm now on my laptop, and I can quote here.....Annnnnnnnnnd........ :mellow:   :mellow: ..... Yep, I can use the li'l guys here....

So it must be some strange new setting on my desktop.....weird....

:mellow:  <_<  :)  :wub:  :angry:  :(  :unsure:  :wacko:  -_-  :rolleyes:  :huh:  ^_^  :o  ;)  :P  :D  :lol:  B)  :ph34r:

Yep!  they all work on the desktop PC!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#1746 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yup - I can do everything on my iMac but not my iPad :-(

#1747 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Tis a bit warm here today. Currently 35C feeling like 45C. For you pholks using the other scale, that's 95F and 113F. The humidity is 49%. Must go out and shop. :( 
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1748 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

Amazing that Canada is having temps like these.  And here I was thinking of a possible retirement place to avoid the extreme heat when I get older!  ^_^

It is very hot here in Boston but the humidity level is at 49% also...which is drier than it's been for awhile.  I thought it more bearable today than the past week because it was like soup outside then.  I detest humidity.  It's gonna break, poeple, this coming week-end so hang in there everyone! 

#1749 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

It's been oppressive in the Philadelphia area also. Can't complain too much, I have the day off and my house is nice and cool.

Stay safe everyone!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#1750 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Tis a bit warm here today. Currently 35C feeling like 45C. For you pholks using the other scale, that's 95F and 113F. The humidity is 49%. Must go out and shop. :(

So sorry about the high temps Poeter & Jacquie! ( thanks for he conversion) :-) Hang in there and dry to stay inside.

Amazing that Canada is having temps like these.  And here I was thinking of a possible retirement place to avoid the extreme heat when I get older!  ^_^ It is very hot here in Boston but the humidity level is at 49% also...which is drier than it's been for awhile.  I thought it more bearable today than the past week because it was like soup outside then.  I detest humidity.  It's gonna break, poeple, this coming week-end so hang in there everyone!

Where in Boston are you?

It's been oppressive in the Philadelphia area also. Can't complain too much, I have the day off and my house is nice and cool.
Stay safe everyone!

Oppressive in RI although I'm sure it's cooler here because of the ocean. It's currently 85 degrees with 54% humidity. We went right from winter to summer! And people still think global warming is a myth!

Stay cool dearest psillies!!!!

#1751 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Stay cool? So covering 7 miles on foot when the heat index was 99+ doesn't count? :D Burned 900 calories though! :D

- Vincent -

#1752 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Amazing that Canada is having temps like these.

Actually, not amazing at all....in fact, southern Ontario has very hot, humid summers -- often in the 90s with a significant humidex. Yep, we ain't all in igloos....   ;)   Don't retire here ..  .....June through October can be uncomfortably hot...

Now, the Yukon...well, 'tis another story...

Emily

#1753 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

They showed this video today as an example of why we need a common language (with reguards to IT processes): Funny stuff :

- Vincent -

#1754 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Amazing that Canada is having temps like these.  And here I was thinking of a possible retirement place to avoid the extreme heat when I get older!  ^_^

It is very hot here in Boston but the humidity level is at 49% also...which is drier than it's been for awhile.  I thought it more bearable today than the past week because it was like soup outside then.  I detest humidity.  It's gonna break, poeple, this coming week-end so hang in there everyone! 

Hi All...Have to join in as I still aspire to retire up North....Montana near the boarder...or Vancouver Island....yo Pete...how do I defect?

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#1755 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:14 AM

Something funny that has nothing to do with the heat.

http://www.cnn.com/v...-escape.petsami

santa-dance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: