2225 replies to this topic

#1816 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

It's actually gas powered.  Loud, and he's thrilled about it. :)
P1010964.JPG

Very cool! Did it come that way or did the Pirate recycle an engine from somewhere else. You have a lot of hills there, don't you? That motor will come in handy

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1817 elye

elye

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Um, okay.....inquiring minds want to know....Jyessss, we don't wanna see a detailed pic of this new bike, we wanna see THE PIRATE. Can you take another shot, and aim the camera a little more to the right? Hell, who in hell cares what the bike looks like??...

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#1818 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Um, okay.....inquiring minds want to know....Jyessss, we don't wanna see a detailed pic of this new bike, we wanna see THE PIRATE. Can you take another shot, and aim the camera a little more to the right? Hell, who in hell cares what the bike looks like??...

What are you talking about?  Thumbs are clearly displayed in that picture!

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#1819 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hopefully this posts.  Here he is being attacked by a wild dog.

386613_10200284620466296_649199658_n.jpg

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#1820 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Very cool! Did it come that way or did the Pirate recycle an engine from somewhere else. You have a lot of hills there, don't you? That motor will come in handy

It's a bike, a motor kit and a gear change kit.  Don't ask me for details - I'm just repeating what i heard.  He had to attach the motor to the gear changer thing, then remove the existing gears from the bike and put the new assembly on.  Then he ran the throttle thingie up and through the handle bars.  The gas tank was attached to the cross bar just in front of the seat (gravity feed) and the muffler went on the left side pointing down.

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#1821 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

It's a bike, a motor kit and a gear change kit. Don't ask me for details - I'm just repeating what i heard. He had to attach the motor to the gear changer thing, then remove the existing gears from the bike and put the new assembly on. Then he ran the throttle thingie up and through the handle bars. The gas tank was attached to the cross bar just in front of the seat (gravity feed) and the muffler went on the left side pointing down.

I think the fact that I actually understood that and filled in the blanks means I have spent too much time in this robot building family!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#1822 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

Extremely cool!!!!

#1823 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hopefully this posts.  Here he is being attacked by a wild dog.

386613_10200284620466296_649199658_n.jpg

Thanks for sharing! He's a cutie! Where's the Pirate's eye patch - Hee!

#1824 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

Never managed to put a photo in before.
These 2 handsome fellows adopted us :)
Been awful quiet on here, hope everyone is having a fun summer.

I don't have permission to view the pic. First time I got that message. Perhaps I'm in a time out for staying away from the forum so long! LOL Loey - go to your room!

#1825 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

OMG.. . . . What in HELL is on that pic?....I clicked on the link and got a huge Celiac.com warning saying, "Hey.....You do NOT have permission to see that".....

:unsure:

:unsure: 

What IZZIT??

Me too!

#1826 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

Thanks Poeter! Can I come out of my room now?

#1827 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Nice to know I caused maximum confusion, eek....

So we have managed to lure you back from the book then :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#1828 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Nice to know I caused maximum confusion, eek....
So we have managed to lure you back from the book then :)

I can never stay away from my dear Psillies! Still on FB but checking in here every day again! I miss the Psillies who aren't on FB! And it's too easy to screw up on FB! Our wonderful moderators keep us on the right path - not true of FB. One of my problems is that ever since Superman gave me his iPad I have no daily need to go on my computer. I just discovered that my iPad puts all my c.com email in the junk box! Not acceptable! So now I know to check my junk mail & my computer! I've been doing so well lately that I'm rarely at home. A far cry from 6 months ago! I wish all my Psillies felt this good! Still have my female problem but everything else is great! Hope you're doing well!!!

#1829 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

I can never stay away from my dear Psillies! Still on FB but checking in here every day again! I miss the Psillies who aren't on FB! And it's too easy to screw up on FB! Our wonderful moderators keep us on the right path - not true of FB. One of my problems is that ever since Superman gave me his iPad I have no daily need to go on my computer. I just discovered that my iPad puts all my c.com email in the junk box! Not acceptable! So now I know to check my junk mail & my computer! I've been doing so well lately that I'm rarely at home. A far cry from 6 months ago! I wish all my Psillies felt this good! Still have my female problem but everything else is great! Hope you're doing well!!!

I do not own an iPad so can not check, but MOST email programs let you mark an email sender as safe or not spam or something. That would prevent that problem.

- Vincent -

#1830 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

I do not own an iPad so can not check, but MOST email programs let you mark an email sender as safe or not spam or something. That would prevent that problem.

Thanks Vincent! Karen gave me some suggestions & now I am getting forum emails on my iPad! YAY!!! Loved the play-dough post on FB - shared it with my teacher group! Now WRITE (please)!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: