2225 replies to this topic

#2131 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Summer solstice is upon us.....anyone want a ride?

Stay tuned...technical difficulties....

https://scontent-b-s...077998831_n.png

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2132 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

Apparently since tomorrow is the longest day of the year, it was picked to be the first world giraffe day. :D I went to look up weird holidays and discovered other things that are tomorrow. Apparently every solstice (so twice a year) is global orgasm day. It's for peace. Seriously. So crazy I can't make this stuff up! :lol: It's for global peace. You guys aren't against peace are you? ARE YOU?

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#2133 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

Oh...giraffe day...good pic from the zoo today..Sending over funny page...

Lol...translation =

I've been calling FaceBook the funny pages long before I stumbled into c.com ;)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#2134 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:52 AM

I wish I could see the new baby! Or the okapis. You guys have okapis! So jealous.

I think I'm going to stop having my birthday in January and start having it in June. :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#2135 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:54 AM

Apparently since tomorrow is the longest day of the year, it was picked to be the first world giraffe day. :D I went to look up weird holidays and discovered other things that are tomorrow. Apparently every solstice (so twice a year) is global orgasm day. It's for peace. Seriously. So crazy I can't make this stuff up! :lol: It's for global peace. You guys aren't against peace are you? ARE YOU?

I have always been an advocate for whirled peas. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#2136 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

Yup. tis St. John's day.  You build a fire and drink alcohol. 

I like the orgasm day concept more!  Consider the fire and cocktails foreplay. ;)

Michigan

#2137 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

I like the orgasm day concept more!  Consider the fire and cocktails foreplay. ;)

In Addie's case - add a nice picture of a giraffe! Lol

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#2138 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

that's just Tuesday --or any old regular day---around here.. ^_^

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#2139 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

In Addie's case - add a nice picture of a giraffe! Lol

Hey.....Whatever blows yer skirt up....

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#2140 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

I wish I could see the new baby! Or the okapis. You guys have okapis! So jealous.

I think I'm going to stop having my birthday in January and start having it in June. :D

Yes indeedy...the Okopi were the boys favorite when little (ok, perhaps they were their favorite because they are one of my favorites).

Next 'birthday' in June come on down..I can get one person in the Zoo or WAP for free each time I visit :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#2141 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

Fire and drink...I. am. in. -- Just setting up a fire pit on part of our former lawn this very weekend...does wine go with smores...what the hell am i saying...wine goes with everything ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#2142 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hey.....Whatever blows yer skirt up....

hey...that's my mama's line! ;)  still getting mileage of it....whoohoo!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#2143 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

.does wine go with smores...what the hell am i saying...wine goes with everything ;)

We find a dry Riesling goes very well with toasted marshmallows.  That's what Hub, M & I had last weekend with our marshmallows.  We didn't add chocolate or grahams.  I bet a nice Zin would go well with the chocolate.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#2144 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

We find a dry Riesling goes very well with toasted marshmallows.  That's what Hub, M & I had last weekend with our marshmallows.  We didn't add chocolate or grahams.  I bet a nice Zin would go well with the chocolate.

Yes I deeds.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#2145 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

hey...that's my mama's line! ;)  still getting mileage of it....whoohoo!

I think of Shroooomie ALL the time.....and I try to use this adage every time I can -- to try to let her know that she really does live on 'round here......  :)   :wub:   :)

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: