• Please log in to reply

2225 replies to this topic

#271 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Yea he does fine with birds, fish and other non-mammal meat. Its only mammal meat he has a problem with .

All mammals? Buffalo? Lamb? Goat? Have you tried the less common ones?
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#272 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

No, but "mammal meat" seems to be, based on my understanding, a category that if you can not stand one, you likely will have issue with all of them. We might try some other mammals at a later date if it does turn out to be an issue with mammal meat, but for now we looking at the rest of his list and trying to get some relief :)

- Vincent -

#273 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

In addition to the garage event, I have been working on a replacement for my slowly dying desk computer, which is over nine years old and struggles. The optical drive no longer works, and there has been no sound for many months. This post is coming from a new machine which UPS delivered today. I am just getting it going. I updated IE to IE8 so I could download and install Chrome, from which this post is coming. Tonnes more stuff to install and configure. Byte me!
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#274 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

In addition to the garage event, I have been working on a replacement for my slowly dying desk computer, which is over nine years old and struggles. The optical drive no longer works, and there has been no sound for many months. This post is coming from a new machine which UPS delivered today. I am just getting it going. I updated IE to IE8 so I could download and install Chrome, from which this post is coming. Tonnes more stuff to install and configure. Byte me!

Nine years...you beat my record...I collect everyone in the family's cast offs and make my kids build their own -- before I get shipped off to the "bad mom island" they do have three year old netbooks for school use.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#275 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Rudolf is on TV :rolleyes: -- don't care what my Men say...it is not the same when "we" watch from a tape/dvd

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#276 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

I did try really hard on my presentation. I didn't even have notes :lol: i did have a powerpoint though with some basics on it.

#277 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

I did try really hard on my presentation. I didn't even have notes :lol: i did have a powerpoint though with some basics on it.

I have been known to basically put my notes up on the power point.... ;) Works well, keeps you from having to look down on at your notes during a talk.

- Vincent -

#278 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Yea he does fine with birds, fish and other non-mammal meat. Its only mammal meat he has a problem with .

Yes -- uncommon sources.. . .like.. . . ....yeti....?.. . . . :unsure: ..

Hope you included a very necessary graphic of the fascinating lower intestine system, ending in a highlighted. damaged duodenum..... .....

.. . . ..But then, that's just what I'd wanna be seeing... :huh:

:rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#279 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Yes -- uncommon sources.. . .like.. . . ....yeti....?.. . . . :unsure: ..
:rolleyes:

But no dining at Ptawm's house, as he is yeti intolerant.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#280 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

Our King is Yeti intolerant??? :o That could be a problem at State Dinners and such. :unsure:
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#281 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Rudolf is on TV :rolleyes: -- don't care what my Men say...it is not the same when "we" watch from a tape/dvd

Didn't realize it was on last night--twas always me favorite!
Patti

#282 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

Ahhhh--a nice new fast 'puter! Have phun wif it B) And congrats on cleaning out the garage--we kinda dumped stuff in ours when we moved in, and are now in the process of going through everything, selling the old kitchen appliances, and phiguring out what to do with the rest.
Patti

#283 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

But no dining at Ptawm's house, as he is yeti intolerant.

Our King is Yeti intolerant??? :o That could be a problem at State Dinners and such. :unsure:

Oh, dear.. . . ... :unsure: . . . ..that is true -- gatherings with dignitairies might offer up some problems for a visiting King Ptaoughmnnus.. . . ..I am certain that Fire-roasted Yeti in an Apple Sauce Reduction is often one of the main courses served to visiting Grand Poobahs at Rideau Hall here in Canada. .. . ... . ..

I'll call External Affairs and brief them on this....
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#284 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

How macabre! Is this Psillyville or a Horrorburg plot from SawXIV? Roasting our heretofore-loyal Yeti buddy? Good luck asking for a favoUr now!
At least when I was found to be yeti-intolerant, I hadn't met him yet.

Btw, "mammal-free" is definitely a new one to me as well. From all sides I've always seen recommendations for lamb, buffalo, yak whatever when beef is thought to be a problem.
Maybe it's a Liberty U thing. (OT a bit but do they have a biology dept?)
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#285 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Did anyone catch the yeti yet(i)? Woo hoo, we're gonna be needing a barbie and a ho tub for that one :o
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: