Celiac.com Sponsor:

#287 elye

elye

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

How macabre! Is this Psillyville or a Horrorburg plot from SawXIV? Roasting our heretofore-loyal Yeti buddy? Good luck asking for a favoUr now!
At least when I was found to be yeti-intolerant, I hadn't met him yet.

I wasn't FOR A MOMENT thinking of anyone roasting our yeti! ... . ....Just other, ya know... . ..wild yetis. . . . .. :huh: . . . .. . . ..... :rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#288 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Obviously I was looking to throw a party for our yeti. Is that hair going to be a problem in the ho tub?
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#289 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

1 out of 4 finals done... i'm kinda drained at the moment.

I spotted a wasp in the hallway yesterday morning right? So i went to leave this morning... and guess what i found.... It was dead in front of my door. :blink:

High in the 20s on sunday with snow... then back into the 40s... but snow! :lol:

#290 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Woohoo 1 out of 4 done, Shad! I remember that type of relief well.

Do ya leave the wasp there as a warning?
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#291 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Btw, "mammal-free" is definitely a new one to me as well. From all sides I've always seen recommendations for lamb, buffalo, yak whatever when beef is thought to be a problem.
Maybe it's a Liberty U thing.

Nothing to do with Liberty, I have to look up the chemical.. cant recall its name right now. aplha-gelatin or something. It has been in the news lately, just another thing to worry about I guess.

(OT a bit but do they have a biology dept?)

I assume so, but have never had a reason to look.

- Vincent -

#292 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Woohoo 1 out of 4 done, Shad! I remember that type of relief well.

Do ya leave the wasp there as a warning?

Yep :lol:

I just got a paper back 98% yay. So was not expecting that. It was the one i stayed up waaaay to late to finish on sunday.

#293 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

No, but "mammal meat" seems to be, based on my understanding, a category that if you can not stand one, you likely will have issue with all of them. We might try some other mammals at a later date if it does turn out to be an issue with mammal meat, but for now we looking at the rest of his list and trying to get some relief :)

So how about elephant? Girrafe? Rhino? Dolphin? There are lots of options to eliminate still. I am not going to suggest monkey tho, gross. Maybe he got the tick bite meat allergy? They say those Texas ticks can make people allergic to cow meat.

It sounds to me like Peotr has some unused extra storage space in his garage that needs filling. I could prolly drive up there and fill it no time, and with very important items too. Such a shame to have valuable storage space un-filled with brown boxes.

The server for Alek's Cristmas lights was showing a server overload the other nite. I suspect I know the reason y now. Too many Santa inflations going on at once I figure. Sumbody has been Jonesing for more Christmas pressies.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#294 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

:lol: :lol: Gee-Eff said "Santa Inflations". . . ..
Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

#295 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

:lol: :lol: Gee-Eff said "Santa Inflations". . . ..

Had to leave the winterwonderland after a few minutes the other night --- but did add a few hundred inflations to the fun ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#296 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

:D

My autocorrect when using mobile mode on kindle turns "celiac" into "celibacy" -- we can't have that - celiac is bad enough!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#297 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Think I saw the view from our King's thrown this morning on FB...

Posted Image

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#298 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

My autocorrect when using mobile mode on kindle turns "celiac" into "celibacy" -- we can't have that - celiac is bad enough!

Posted Image

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#299 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Ha! Well, sometimes, as we know, one can cause the other.. . . .....undiagnosed celiac can keep one in a state of I-don't-feel-like-doin'-ANYTHING. . .including, and often in particular, THAT....

:rolleyes:
Emily

#300 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

I suppose, since I'm stuck with unwilling celibacy at the moment, I can be the
one who takes this one for the team.... (for now.....) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic