2225 replies to this topic

#301 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

I took a nap and had a dream that there was a massive tarantula in my house :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#302 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

I suppose, since I'm stuck with unwilling celibacy at the moment, I can be the
one who takes this one for the team.... (for now.....) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yay Bunnie!!! Finally feeling better here...don't need any added limitations right now ;)

PS...hope you don't have to remain in this unwilling state much longer.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#303 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

My GERD has decided to say hi tonight. Probably because i was so stressed today :/

Its at the stage of "enough to be annoying, but not enough to take something for".

#304 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

So ugh... I need a root canal. :(

- Vincent -

#305 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Man....lotsa unpsilly stuph goin' on, here... . . . . :( . . ...GERD (which I suppose actually CAN be somewhat psilly -- I've always thought the acronym to be, anyway), and a pending root canal. Have you had one before, Vynscent? My daughter was in a horrific accident when she was twelve and all four of her front teeth had to be root canalled -- the proceedure was like a walk in the park -- no pain, in and out in an hour. My sister has had two, also painless and no big deal. However, once we start talking about the $$$$. . . ..well, THAT was an ordeal..... :(
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#306 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Sorry V :(

My husband has terrible teeth--despite excellent oral hygiene and dental visits. His teeth are soft, and after a while just crumble. He has had more root canals that I can count, and actually fell asleep during one of them! Hopefully, yours will so smoothly and painlessly.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#307 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

My GERD has decided to say hi tonight. Probably because i was so stressed today :/

Its at the stage of "enough to be annoying, but not enough to take something for".

So sorry to hear that.

Sending positive energy & healing hugs,
Loey

#308 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Yep :lol:

I just got a paper back 98% yay. So was not expecting that. It was the one i stayed up waaaay to late to finish on sunday.

Congrats!!! So proud of you!!

Happy Hugs, :D
Loey

#309 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

Good luck Vince. They'll numb you (or put you out) and give you pain killers afterwards. I hope it goes smoothly.

Sending extra positive energy and healing hugs,
Loey

#310 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Nope never had one before, but I have LOTS of fillings. Over 20... lost count along the way.I cna tell you every one of they was an extremely painful process to get done.

I brush/floss every day now... but when I was a teenager I could not be bothered and was haphazard with it, so i think I am paying for that now. All I know is right now my tooth REALLY hurts. The whole side of my face does, and even my temple feels tender. Grrr.

I missed the call from the doc office yesterday to set up the appointment. Grrr.

- Vincent -

#311 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Ughh. Come here to have some fun and you psillies are talking about celibacy and root canals!!? :o

Hi Molly! Glad you checked in. Say hi to celiac3270. Glad to know you kids are doing well!
Michigan

#312 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

All I know is right now my tooth REALLY hurts. The whole side of my face does, and even my temple feels tender. Grrr.

I missed the call from the doc office yesterday to set up the appointment. Grrr.

There is stuff at the pharmacy called red cross dental - it'll take the pain away until you get to the dentist. Warning - it tastes horrid! But does buy you time.. We take this along when we travel as my husband also has soft teeth that have a knack for breaking away from home.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#313 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

Ughh. Come here to have some fun and you psillies are talking about celibacy and root canals!!? :o

Hi Molly! Glad you checked in. Say hi to celiac3270. Glad to know you kids are doing well!

Decidedly un-psilly! I will try to rectify this with a joke:

On the first Xmas, the first of three Wise Men stepped carefully into the stable but sank his golden slipper into a big pile of manure.”Jesus Christ!” he yelled.The woman beside the manger turned to her husband and said, “Now, Joseph, isn’t that a better name for the kid than Irving?”

Posted Image

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#314 WardGirl

WardGirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Decidedly un-psilly! I will try to rectify this with a joke:

On the first Xmas, the first of three Wise Men stepped carefully into the stable but sank his golden slipper into a big pile of manure.”Jesus Christ!” he yelled.The woman beside the manger turned to her husband and said, “Now, Joseph, isn’t that a better name for the kid than Irving?”

Posted Image

So good I'm going to share on the 'Book'
Have been gluten free since April 2008. The only reason I did this was to make cooking at home easier since my husband has been a Celiac since 2000.

As to why I'm called Ward Girl only Nick and I know the reason :-)

#315 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Karreighn said "rectify". :P
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev