This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

shadowicewolf Proficient

:lol: just went and checked it. After 40 minutes, it was still battery in the middle :blink:

I'm at high altitute, so i ajusted for that. Its in a glass pan, so i doubt that would do it. It is raising though. So i'm going to keep it at ten minutes and checking it then. I'm checking with a butter knife since i don't have tooth picks...

The cake part is the yellow betty croker gluten free mix.... The topping is 1/2 cup of rice flour, 1/3 cup butter, and 4 tbsp of brown sugar.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

GottaSki Mentor

don't check too much -- have you used your oven for other items??

shadowicewolf Proficient

once? For a pizza crust and it came out just right.

At any rate, checked it again and its getting much closer. :)

GottaSki Mentor

good deal...enjoy!!!

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

Well done! I've never managed to make crumble! :P

My diabetic mum is organizing a gluten-free, grain-and-legume free version of our Christmas dinner for me.

shadowicewolf Proficient

As promised:

25063_10200105812758939_280528498_n.webp

And when its been cut into....

20589_10200105812678937_1089035443_n.webp

It was really super moist, but kinda on the blandish side. I think i may need to add more honey to it. Also, i was unable to get the butter to blend throughly throughout because i had no mixer, so when it was put in, there were little chuncks of butter floating about in the batter.

kareng Grand Master

I made a coffee cake like this with apples. Delicious. You need some cinnamon in the cake.

http://www.glutenfreely.com/recipes/printrecipe.aspx?id=0e7a1e2b-ee7c-4db6-b61f-371b0fc5b7b1&cat=desserts

Streusel: I think I used either Pamela's or rice flour

http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/muffinsquickbreads/r/cinnamnstreusel.htm?p=1

Melt the butter first.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

OK Lingerie is not really meant to stay on. :wub:

I love that Roomba (robot vacuum)! I can sit back drink some wine while that noisy critter works. More wine start singing to the tune of "Friends in Low Places"

I'll drink my wine

cause your doing just fine

My roomba's cleaning

Low places

(feel free to ad more verses)

Jestgar Rising Star

I go-ot dust in looow places

where the kitties romp, and the fear chases

my friends awaaay

they wannaaa breathe t'daaay

shadowicewolf Proficient

Good news is that my coffee cake didn't make me sick at all. :lol: The first time i had that mix (oh, something like 1.5 years ago) it made me sicker than a dog (to be fair my stomach was a mess then), now its all good :lol:

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Good news, nice when you get a sign you are healing. Even better if it involves cake :)

Loey Rising Star

Hi Vince and the rest of my celiac family. You probably noticed I've been off longer than usual. Vince would notice because I also go to his book sites daily.First of all I couldn't find the page where you told of your successful presentation - it doesn't surprise me one bit. Anyway I believe in nine lives and Christmas and Chanukah miracles. Vince you are right about the oxycontin. I was five minutes away from death when Rob got me to the hospital. They had to ask him about a DNR. Instead he agreed to whatever would keep me alive but not a vegetable. Well today I came home from the hospital. When I woke up in ICU I didn't remember a thing and had a feeding tube. Well that was a week ago and today I came home in time for the holidays. I hope everyone has a miracle or two this holiday. I love and miss you all. I keep you all in my heart and prayers.

Love

Loey :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh Loey, thank goodness you weathered the storm are are back home. You are one tough lady! Many warm hugs to you :):wub:

kareng Grand Master

Hi Vince and the rest of my celiac family. You probably noticed I've been off longer than usual. Vince would notice because I also go to his book sites daily.First of all I couldn't find the page where you told of your successful presentation - it doesn't surprise me one bit. Anyway I believe in nine lives and Christmas and Chanukah miracles. Vince you are right about the oxycontin. I was five minutes away from death when Rob got me to the hospital. They had to ask him about a DNR. Instead he agreed to whatever would keep me alive but not a vegetable. Well today I came home from the hospital. When I woke up in ICU I didn't remember a thing and had a feeding tube. Well that was a week ago and today I came home in time for the holidays. I hope everyone has a miracle or two this holiday. I love and miss you all. I keep you all in my heart and prayers.

Love

Loey :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

What the Heck, Loey?

mushroom Proficient

Loey!!! You keep finding new ways to alarm and shock us. Glad Rob was heads up and saved you :):wub:

But I already did that one -- you should really find something unique and not copy me!! :lol: That said, breathing and feeding tubes are no fun :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient

Now youse two-- stop it at once!! No more emergency hospital visits, feeding tubes, or breathing apparatus. Jeepers, yer giving us apple-plexy! :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Now youse two-- stop it at once!! No more emergency hospital visits, feeding tubes, or breathing apparatus. Jeepers, yer giving us apple-plexy! :)

VydorScope Proficient

Ack! Glad your back!!!

elye Community Regular

OMG, Loweeeeee... . . :o ... . ....Yes, very fortunate timing -- turkey through a feed tube is....well, just...not optimal.... <_<

I am SO glad to hear that you made it through another HUGE ordeal. Truly inspiring, you are.... :wub:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Praying for you both so that you can be back to your old silly selves :)

Loey Rising Star

What the Heck, Loey?

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Loey, not to be a Debbie Downer, but maybe wanna lay off the MJ talk on the interwebs.

Jestgar Rising Star

Or come visit me LoLo, tis legal here.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Looks like i'll be getting the flu shot this year :ph34r: Hopefully, i don't get sick afterwards (I know the flu shot doesn't cause it, but lo and behold after i've gotten them i've usually gotten the flu). Maybe its due to the germs in the hospital? Ugh.

I've got a doctors appointment this week to do the standard check up. I'm going to see if i can get my doctor to run the celiac panel (or at the very least the IGA TTG) test again. I wanna see if the numbers have dropped since i've been gluten free.

GFinDC Veteran

Welcome back Looey! Is that a new name for u? :) Ok, Peanut-Looey it is then. Sounds like quite an adventure there Peanut-Looey. Between you in your luxury spa visits (hospital) and Shroomster's coma conundrum we had a lot going on. Did you miss the big killer mutant wasp attack of 2012? Massive stingers at the ready they buzzed down from the light fixtures and up from the bed covers. Never deterred except for a direct hit from the hairspray and floppy sandal. And then Vincent shared his roots with a friend who was all too happy to explore them.

Fairly normal going's on around here.

Thanks for the snow forecast! :)