• Please log in to reply
2206 replies to this topic

#346 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

USA Today.

Not the newspaper. A day trip to Niagara Falls NY.

We needed gluten-free Bisquick for a holiday recipe that WardGirl wants to make. It is not available in Canada. We also grabbed Corn Chex and Bob's Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats. Picked up some stuff at Best Buy, too, that they don't have in Canada. We shopped at Wegmans for the first time in probably ten years. When the family had property in the Finger Lakes, Wegmans was the go-to store. The property was sold in 2006, but we had not been there in a long while before then.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#347 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

USA Today.

Not the newspaper. A day trip to Niagara Falls NY.

We needed gluten-free Bisquick for a holiday recipe that WardGirl wants to make. It is not available in Canada. We also grabbed Corn Chex and Bob's Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats. Picked up some stuff at Best Buy, too, that they don't have in Canada. We shopped at Wegmans for the first time in probably ten years. When the family had property in the Finger Lakes, Wegmans was the go-to store. The property was sold in 2006, but we had not been there in a long while before then.

Great day trip -- come back soon :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#348 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

So, my stomach is still being annoyed, i'm trying to figure out what set it off... was it:

A. stress (mind you its finals week)
B. a virus (i'm around many people Monday-Thursday)
C. the going bad milk (one day past its date, kinda tasted off but i played it up to my imagination)
D. CC'd at the memorial on thursday (handshakes with many gluten eaters eating gluteny things)

My stomach has been feeling off since thursday (my GERD has been acting up, no fun either).

So what say you?

#349 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I'd go with a possible combo of all four.

Take a nice long hot bath with epsom salt and bubbles -- or just shampoo or handsoap in a pinch.
Try to get a good night's sleep.
Keep food simple during finals and if something smells bad...toss it.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#350 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

No tub for me, just a shower stall... :) But i've already stood in it once today.

Sleep? i'll try.. :)

Of course. I'm going to keep it simple this week.

Luckily i don't have too much homework to do, just type up a paper (a short one less then 3 pages no less) that i'll hit tommorow. I'll also have to prepare for an inclass essay that is the final. And of course a history final that i have no idea what will be on. Fun fun...

#351 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

plan b...soak your feet in a big bowl of hot water.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#352 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Hang in there shadow, just a few days to go :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#353 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Oh i know... its just i'm sooo tired.

#354 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Good Lord! My husbnd and daughter are in the kitchen making me a birthday cake. A lot of laughing going on, I am getting a little worried. Please be edible!
Michigan

#355 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Good Lord! My husbnd and daughter are in the kitchen making me a birthday cake. A lot of laughing going on, I am getting a little worried. Please be edible!

My husband added bacon to one of our sinful chocolate cake with fudge frosting -- I thought it would be awful - but then it was bacon ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#356 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

I bet it will be delicious :)

Happy Birthday!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#357 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

aw man. Now I want cake. :( :angry:
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#358 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

aw man. Now I want cake. :( :angry:

I know, right??? lol!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#359 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

...Actually, I kinda want bacon now...
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#360 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

As was pointed out, cake and bacon apparently go very well together. And Leeezuh's hubster knows how to mix them.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: