This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

celiac-mommy Collaborator

something weird happened today :blink:

I was outside shoveling (bundled up with gloves and everything) and three of my fingers on my left hand started hurting. I thought nothing of it and kept on going. I finally come in and those three fingers were simi-swollen (the third finger especially) at the ends :blink: Nothing was in the glove and they were rather big on me as well. As of the past twenty minutes two of the three are nearly back to normal and the third is still sort of swollen (its under a heating pad at the moment).

This is new :blink:

I've never had that happen before.

My toes do this when I wear my Uggs with no socks on freezing days. No idea why. Saturday it was 1 foot and it was hot, swollen and itchy. then it goes away... :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

Madeleine got her grades... She's in 6th grade taking all 8th grade and honors classes. All A's and 1 B!!! She starts 9th grade algebra after the winter break... Crazy genuis!! She asked me what kinds of classes she'll have left when she gets to high school :rolleyes:

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Wow. You must be so proud, that is fantastic :)

Wow. You must be so proud, that is fantastic :)

Very!! It's hard though bc her brother struggles and has to work very hard. I'm careful to give her the kudos she deserves without making him feel like he's not as smart as her. The thing is, he's sooooo smart, school is just harder for him.

Loey Rising Star

I'm so sorry Shroom:(

Sending you healing hugs and a lll my love,

Loey

mommida Enthusiast

If the extremities turn cold and white at first. It could be Reynould's.

Jestgar Rising Star

Very!! It's hard though bc her brother struggles and has to work very hard. I'm careful to give her the kudos she deserves without making him feel like he's not as smart as her. The thing is, he's sooooo smart, school is just harder for him.

It could just be that he doesn't learn the way school teaches. Might have to work at teaching him to teach himself.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

If ya guys care to know i finished this semester with 5 As and two high B+ s. So my gpa is a 3.68. :)

Got back from the doctor. She was very agreeable with the celiac panel being redone again to see if my levels for the IGA TTG went down. I also got my flu shot done.

jerseyangel Proficient

Madeleine got her grades... She's in 6th grade taking all 8th grade and honors classes. All A's and 1 B!!! She starts 9th grade algebra after the winter break... Crazy genuis!! She asked me what kinds of classes she'll have left when she gets to high school :rolleyes:

Well done Madeline!!! :D

If the extremities turn cold and white at first. It could be Reynould's.

I was also gonna suggest this.

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

Yay! Well done shadowicewolf! A completely random question for you - is there any natural red food coloring you can have? I am looking for natural reds I can use for a red cake...

shadowicewolf Proficient

Yay! Well done shadowicewolf! A completely random question for you - is there any natural red food coloring you can have? I am looking for natural reds I can use for a red cake...

I haven't tried it, but beets should be okay, the juice is used in red velvet cakes. Generally those ones, from my understanding, are used in place of the chemical or bug made ones :blink:

Ok, thanks! I am planning a Red Velvet Angel Cake soon...

Loey Rising Star

Hugs shadowicewolf. Try not to think about school for a while. Your hands any better? Could it be an allergic reaction or something?

A friend of mine had a t-shirt made for me. It has my motto "my body is trying to kill me" written right on my bum. :D So next time I go running I will be a living ad for autoimmune disease awareness!

LOL

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Just checking that everyone is traveling safely. I'm just watching TV and the roads look dreadful. I'll be an angel over your shoulders.My thoughts, love & prayers will be sent with Tony to the Wall for each of you. He's still not finished because he was distracted by our scare last week so he was taking a final late today. I also apologize if I've seen anything but psilly this week. I hope you know I continue to be grateful to have you all in my psilack world!!!Thank you for making me smile!

:wub: :wub: :wub: Loey

Good work siw. Any chance of chillin for a bit ? :)

It could just be that he doesn't learn the way school teaches. Might have to work at teaching him to teach himself.

I agree. He is also a perfectionist. Math comes easy, reading does not. I don't constrict him to the table for homework. As long as he's working somewhere quiet, I let him get comfortable. You should see him when he's reading at home-he's literally rolling all over the place. I also let him read silently by himself for 15 min before he reads the same passages to me. Helps with his confidence and thus his fluency. He has a wonderful teacher and I meet with her frequently as well as his reading teachers. It DOESN'T help that I'm the only one that works with him. His dad can't fit it into 'his' schedule. I'm doing everything I can...

If ya guys care to know i finished this semester with 5 As and two high B+ s. So my gpa is a 3.68. :)

Congratulations!!!! :D

kareng Grand Master

I agree. He is also a perfectionist. Math comes easy, reading does not. I don't constrict him to the table for homework. As long as he's working somewhere quiet, I let him get comfortable. You should see him when he's reading at home-he's literally rolling all over the place. I also let him read silently by himself for 15 min before he reads the same passages to me. Helps with his confidence and thus his fluency. He has a wonderful teacher and I meet with her frequently as well as his reading teachers. It DOESN'T help that I'm the only one that works with him. His dad can't fit it into 'his' schedule. I'm doing everything I can...

Congratulations!!!! :D

M learns best when he is moving or listening to music with a beat. This seems to be a boy thing. He was fortunate to have some teachers, 2-5 grade, who let kids stand at their desks and fidget as long as they didn't bother anyone. His 3 rd grade teacher knew he was interested in animals and gave him a book of animal hero stories. He would do his out loud reading to the dog. Maybe Simon would like to hear some stories? Animals don't correct their reading or roll their eyes like an older sibling if they mess up a word.

J never liked to read. He would do his required reading off the Internet. He would read the rules of cricket or tennis or the differences and benefits of a brushless motor or video game cheats and strategies.

M learns best when he is moving or listening to music with a beat. This seems to be a boy thing.

It's a girl thing, too. The good news is that you can make it to grad school even if you can't sit down still. I mean, I did still nicely in class, but I pace when I read/think, and "chair dance" when I am writing/dancing :P to the perplexity of my colleagues.

Not for nothing, I am writing a diss on the physiology of body movement in reading/writing techniques :ph34r:

shadowicewolf Proficient

oh yes :)

A tip. I was never a reader before i got into the Harry potter series (then it took off). Try to find things that would catch his interest, be it cars, bugs, or something else. :)

ButterflyChaser that diss sounds very interesting :)

When I was working I used to take copious notes in meetings and workshops, and in lectures as a student. I almost never read them again, but if I didn't do it I remembered nothing. It was like I had to 'code' the words via movement.

ButterflyChaser that diss sounds very interesting :)

When I was working I used to take copious notes in meetings and workshops, and in lectures as a student. I almost never read them again, but if I didn't do it I remembered nothing. It was like I had to 'code' the words via movement.

I have 50 pages of research punning the word "hang" in every possible way except the obvious obscene ones. Now, that was a feat.

I am the same way with notes. I think it is a form of body memory. Not a neuroscientist really, but I think it has to do with the way in which you have to process sound into writing/visuals via your body movement.

Most excellent. I used to teach about theories of humor and comedy, from Freud to The Simpsons. Punning is my favorite. I think my dyslexia helps. :o

shadowicewolf Proficient

I write down the power point (even if the professor gives it out) and take recordings of the lectures.

GFinDC Veteran

oh yes :)

A tip. I was never a reader before i got into the Harry potter series (then it took off). Try to find things that would catch his interest, be it cars, bugs, or something else. :)

Don't forget the dinosaurs!

Loey Rising Star

As a special ed teacher I think you've been doing everything right in the role you play in helping your children's individualities. Don't let anyone ever make you feel like anything but a stellar role model! (and if they do send them to me!!!!!!)