This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

psawyer Proficient

According to the Mayan calendar, the world will end tomorrow. Tomorrow is less than an hour away. Should I pig out on gluten loaded stuff I miss? Oh, wait, there is no gluten in the house and most grocery stores here are closed (there is one open 24 hours).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

mushroom Proficient

No, no, only 7 more hours and it will be the 22nd!!! Hanging in there :wacko: Whose clock do they use, anyway???

psawyer Proficient

No, no, only 7 more hours and it will be the 22nd!!! Hanging in there :wacko: Whose clock do they use, anyway???

They were in eastern Mexico, which would put them in today's Central time zone, one hour behind me. So maybe I have to wait one hour and 41 minutes before I know for sure. If I survive, I will post. If you don't see a post, kiss your ass goodbye. :o

mushroom Proficient

If I survive, I will post. If you don't see a post, kiss your ass goodbye. :o

I think I will let someone else do that. :rolleyes:

shadowicewolf Proficient

technically it is already tommorow in many countries. :)

mushroom Proficient

technically it is already tommorow in many countries. :)

Yep - we is almost done with the 21st :D

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Well, if the world ends today or tomorrow or next week or whenever the he**, nice having known

you all!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Loey Rising Star

Well, if the world ends today or tomorrow or next week or whenever the he**, nice having known

you all!

Yup. It's tomorrow in RI and so far all I've seen is some remarkable news stories about what's going on with Plan B (from another planet?). My stomach finally has let me keep down two meals, I slept 4 solid hours hmmm... so far I like this "end of the world" So I still think it's the end of the world as we might know it but perhaps our new world starting today will be a better safer place.

My world has been a better place because all of you are in it!!!!

Love,

Loey

P.S. Apocalypse Tours in New Mexico is making a fortune over the Mayan calendar

Loey Rising Star

I agree. He is also a perfectionist. Math comes easy, reading does not. I don't constrict him to the table for homework. As long as he's working somewhere quiet, I let him get comfortable. You should see him when he's reading at home-he's literally rolling all over the place. I also let him read silently by himself for 15 min before he reads the same passages to me. Helps with his confidence and thus his fluency. He has a wonderful teacher and I meet with her frequently as well as his reading teachers. It DOESN'T help that I'm the only one that works with him. His dad can't fit it into 'his' schedule. I'm doing everything I can...

Congratulations on finding the right strategies for his particular needs. And it sure is his father's loss! You have proven over and over what a remarkable woman , mother, and friend you are!!!! :D

Loey Rising Star

I think I will let someone else do that. :rolleyes:

LOL

Tony briefly comes home tomorrow and then leaves for Israel Sunday. He was making up exams from when we had the scare last week. Am starting to write prayers for him to put in the wall. Any requests in particular?I'll do a copy & paste and then cut them apart.

Love,

Twitchy Loey

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

I read we have until 11.11 am before it is all over. I can't decide whether to bother finishing my Christmas shopping...

Loey

I'd love a prayer for all of our friends on the forum who are in pain and suffering, and to give thanks for being blessed with all the love and support from each other.

Thanks

And hugs to you x

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

Celiac Mindwarp, my favourite crazy class in college was my romance philology course. 10 hours of classes per week. Not kidding - part of it was learning, well, philology, part of it was figuring out languedoc and other essentially dead languages, and part of it was literature.

This last part, 6 hrs per week, was on Medieval comic literature - just about as slapstick and filthy as I can imagine.

However that was preceded by a background section on the "theories of the comic." From homo sapiens (again, not kidding, we had some anthropology stuff) to Sartre/Freud. Sounds like I finished where you took off - I'd like to learn how things have changed post Der Witz. :D

shadowicewolf Proficient

10 hours? holy.... :blink:

That had to be interesting...

Mine was a 6 hour class per week (met twice a week).

VydorScope Proficient

Soooooo any silly peeps in the Pittsburgh PA area.. I will be the guest preacher on Sunday Dec 31 at Cranberry Baptist Church. Come by and say hi! :D

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

All sounds very familiar :)

Lysistrata was pretty racey too! I liked the anthropology side. We did the semiotics of humor too, possibly the least amusing approach possible, like someone explaining a joke you already got. I found it funny for that reason. I think my students thought I was deranged.

Much of it was reflected through postmodern philosophy (when it was still trendy, 20 years ago).

It was fun :)

Jestgar Rising Star

I was gonna tell ya all about .......harvesting...... my neighbor's kiwi's, but now I'm afeared that Vensent will use me as a topic. :ph34r:

VydorScope Proficient

I was gonna tell ya all about .......harvesting...... my neighbor's kiwi's, but now I'm afeared that Vensent will use me as a topic. :ph34r:

You never know what I might use as an example... ;)

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

I love Lysistrata! We did that as a ballet piece when I was about 10-11.

:blink:

Quickly adds that to the list of childhood trauma that made me what I am now.

Jestgar Rising Star

Start with my inability to use punctuation properly.

*kiwis*

jerseyangel Proficient

Uh-oh..... :rolleyes:

mushroom Proficient

Start with my inability to use punctuation properly.

*kiwis*

kiwi's indeed!

I read a piece last week about abandoning the apostrophe altogether as a lost cause :P Mrs. Jones cat has lost it's hat, so its going to have a cold head. Might just as well. You can read it without them or with them wrong :blink:

elye Community Regular

Mrs. Jones cat has lost it's hat, so its going to have a cold head. Might just as well. You can read it without them or with them wrong :blink:

OMG.. . . ... . ... :blink: . . .. ....OMG. .. . . . ......This just makes me NUTS... . ..... Can barely read this....... . ...Gaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. .. . .....

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Friday!! Sorta. 2 days of call then 3 days off. Captain gets to come home for Christmas!!!! Tying up his boat tomorrow for a few days. I've never been this excited about a Christmas before! My babies and my beautiful man AND his son on Christmas morning. What a gift I get this year!! :wub:

A tip. I was never a reader before i got into the Harry potter series (then it took off). Try to find things that would catch his interest, be it cars, bugs, or something else. :)

This was the first thing I tried. We've tried superheros, Ripley's, dino's bugs, and the list goes on and on-no interest. He has required reading for school and we do that first to get it out of the way, then I let him pick whatever book he wants to read. Before bed I read to him from a Goosebumps book. He likes those. Madeleine read all the Harry Potter books BY HERSELF at this age. He seems to like me to read him the books with the shorter chapters thus far...

Maybe Simon would like to hear some stories? Animals don't correct their reading or roll their eyes like an older sibling if they mess up a word.

Maybe! But he has a hard time staying still too. I can just picture them rolling all over the floor together :P

As a special ed teacher I think you've been doing everything right in the role you play in helping your children's individualities. Don't let anyone ever make you feel like anything but a stellar role model! (and if they do send them to me!!!!!!)

Thanks Lo. You're so wonderful!!! :wub:

VydorScope Proficient

Timothy has started reading about this time last year. He went from BEHIND to GRADE LEVEL in one year. The secret? MAGIC TREE HOUSE. He is on book 38 from that series. He has also read Encyclopedia Brown, 10 or 11 of them. All this year a lone. Need to find a new series now to push him up a bit in reading something between Magic Tree House and the next level. There is like 50 or 60 in the Magic Tree House series, but they are getting to be a little below him now as he gets better at reading. So not sure what to try next.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I'm not much help with the reading, as my older brother and sister apparently took

it upon themselves to teach me before I even hit kindergarten, but I still think you're

doing a great job!!!!