2225 replies to this topic

#436 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

Bummer Shroomie - glad you are back home - hope you continue to improve expeditiously - I love that word - feel better!!!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#437 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Expiditiously - it always sounds like you are setting out on a great journey, but in reality you are just supposed to be moving your butt!!!! :lol:

Thanks for your thoughts and wellness wishes. Seems like this may be an ongoing problem, unfortunately :(

HaHa, haha, some of the hospital staff are glad I'm gone, I think :P I seem to have been on a grammatical kick lately, and it was driving me INSANE, the po-lite-ness with which I was being treated. Would you mind if I examined your back? :blink: Would it be all right if I lifted up your shirt? :rolleyes: Is it all right if I .... come around this side of the bed... remove your drip line.... etc., etc. Mind you, in some ways it was refreshing, but enough is enough.

So, instead of "Let me see your ID bracelet", I would get "Can you tell me your name and date of birth?" Eventually, (they had obviously been trained this way because they all did it) I just replied "Yes." An intervening expectant pause...... "Well?" Me: "I answered your question." Puzzled look :wacko: Then me: "Oh, you actually wanted me to do it. In that case you should ask 'will you please?' rather than 'Can you?' " Puzzled look of chagrin!! I almost got them trained, by explaining that when they said 'can' I wasn't sure if they were inferring mental incompetence or physical incapacity :P :rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#438 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

I wonder if you can get the Bisquick in Windsor? Perhaps some one should build another bridge!!? LOL :rolleyes:

Shroom ~ The only thing that I know of that has a food reaction and fluid on the lungs is, Lysinuric Protein Intolerance (LPI).
Michigan

#439 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

i'd rather have overly polite peoplez than the rude ones...

2 more pages to go on this paper... i have to have it in before 5pm :lol:

#440 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Perky polite peoplez pose problems for pointing, pouting pusses. Please proceed perspicaciously.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#441 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image
src: http://www.erh.noaa...._christmas.html

- Vincent -

#442 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Perky polite peoplez pose problems for pointing, pouting pusses. Please proceed perspicaciously.

Daring doctors delve deeply, discovering diseased duodenae, distorted ducts and diverticulosis; don't doubt diagnosis!!! :ph34r:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#443 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Daring doctors delve deeply, discovering diseased duodenae, distorted ducts and diverticulosis; don't doubt diagnosis!!! :ph34r:

:lol: Dutifully done, Shroooom!
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#444 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Posted Image
src: http://www.erh.noaa...._christmas.html

Yay...see that teeny tiny white dot in Southern California -- that is my "local" mountain :D If anyone is looking for a perfect beach day on the day after Christmas - head to San Diego ~ we never have winter during Christmas Week!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#445 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

ot

Yay...see that teeny tiny white dot in Southern California -- that is my "local" mountain :D If anyone is looking for a perfect beach day on the day after Christmas - head to San Diego ~ we never have winter during Christmas Week!

I noticed there was a little dark dot on KC.

We went to San Diego once for Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was quite cool. Didn't stop my boys ( hub included) from building skate parks/ mountain bike trails on the beach. We don't do sand castles!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#446 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

.... we never have winter during Christmas Week!

Heck, San Francisco has winter only during July :wacko: Even had snow once :rolleyes:
Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#447 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I not

I noticed there was a little dark dot on KC.

We went to San Diego once for Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was quite cool. Didn't stop my boys ( hub included) from building skate parks/ mountain bike trails on the beach. We don't do sand castles!

Your men fit well here....we never made sand castles -- only huge pits at the top of high tide line which auto fill into pool for a bit then destroy the days work -- only had a few tears when they were little - grown now and they still dig even larger pits with their friends :)

PS...January, June and November are the toughest bet for picture perfect weather. Late Sept/Early October best bet.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#448 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

PS...January, June and November are the toughest bet for picture perfect weather. Late Sept/Early October best bet.

We escaped Sannazay one early December because it was freezing there -- early 70's, permafrost on the ground -- and hung out in SD; brilliant ideah !!! Then we had to return to the reality of making Christmas in Sonoma for MIL... :wub: :rolleyes:
Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#449 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

We escaped Sannazay one early December because it was freezing there -- early 70's, permafrost on the ground -- and hung out in SD; brilliant ideah !!! Then we had to return to the reality of making Christmas in Sonoma for MIL... :wub: :rolleyes:

grass...greener

I love Sonoma in the winter....too many allergens in the air for me in the Summer -- my daughter lives in Santa Rosa :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#450 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Ugh, my stomach has decided that sweet potato is no longer good on my stomach tonight. I got halfway through it and yep.... To my defense it was a little grainy....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: