#466 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Back from root canal.

BUT it is behind me now...

They put your tooth on your behind? Is that the part that hurts the worse - like you're sitting on a hard pea every time?
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#467 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Back from root canal. Keep in mind, I am a black belt in karate - undefeated in competitive fighting. I have had a freaking metal stake jammed in my side, and have hit an oak tree at 50+ miles per hour.

NONE OF THAT COMES CLOSE! Worst freaking pain ever! I literally jumped out of the chair a few times. :

BUT it is behind me now... I can recover now right? Just need to get a crown... dunno what that involves, but cant be worse... right?

The hard part is over. The crowning is painless. Been there more than once. A crown sculptured to match the drilled tooth is made and attached to the tooth using a strong adhesive. No drilling. No pain. :)
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#468 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

I'm here, after being distracted for a while. It has been a busy and stressful couple of weeks. Some of you know from Facebook, and my moderator colleagues know as well.

My father-in-law was taken to hospital December 4 because he was suddenly vomiting blood. His health had been in a slow, steady decline for a while. On Saturday evening, he passed away peacefully in his sleep. We got a phone call just before midnight.

The funeral was this afternoon. The weather was cool, but the sun shone brightly. The service was held in a small church built in the nineteenth century. Bob planned the service himself a few years ago. In his instructions, he said: "Lots of music, nothing sad. I have done very well. I could have been buried in Holland, 1945 along with 3,000 other Canadians."

In attendance were Bob's widow, son and three daughters, two grandsons and four granddaughters, two great granddaughters, two sons-in-law and his daughter-in-law. Many other family and friends joined us.

May God continue to bless you, Bob.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

#469 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Sorry for your loss Peter. :(

- Vincent -

#470 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Sorry for your loss Peter. :(

Ditto :(

Its gonna snow tonight :)

#471 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Peter...thanks for sharing your day...sounds like Jackie comes from a fine line indeed. My thoughts are with you both.....except for the little corner of my mind having a snow dance since Shadow mentioned she gets some fluffy white stuff tonight :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#472 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

My condolences to you, Peter.

Shadowicewolf, how are you doing now with the end of the semester?

(I have a truckload of essays to grade, and I am thinking of giving a bunch of default A+ as a sign of protest. Except that maybe then I would be fired.)
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#473 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

I'm doing better.... now there's the wait for the grades :blink:

Good luck with those essays. :)

#474 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Thanks! The first two were good, one was actually awesome. I will miss this seminar - I had a wonderful group. Have been receiving grateful and heartfelt emails for the past couple of days, which is pretty moving. Yeah, I am a softie.

Personally, I think there should be no grades.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.

#475 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Peter
Sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad Bob's funeral went well, it makes such a difference when you know they would have been happy with it.

Take it easy x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#476 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

Thanks! The first two were good, one was actually awesome. I will miss this seminar - I had a wonderful group. Have been receiving grateful and heartfelt emails for the past couple of days, which is pretty moving. Yeah, I am a softie.

Personally, I think there should be no grades.

Hee Hee. Have to blow my own horn here a little bit :P (well, nobody does it for me)..... I was a very late-blooming student, a faded flower from days gone by, and one of those you talked about who fretted over grades. I blew away my high school years, and did all my education as an evening student. And then at the end I took a bunch of personal interest classes at community college (interior design, floral arrangement, weaving, stuff like that), one of which was blueprint reading (we were getting ready to build our house). We had a great female instructor who assigned an essay exam, and I would guess she didn't get a great deal of articulate written material in response :rolleyes: She raved about my essay and asked me if I had ever thought of writing stories, "novels?" :lol: :lol: Uh, no, that's a little different from what I write, I'm afraid. At any rate, it apparently made her day (evening?) so I got the A that I always stressed over. For a failed high school student it's amazing how important those A's can be :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

#477 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

Great Story Shroom!

- Vincent -

#478 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Sorry for your loss peter.
Michigan

#479 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

'shroom, are you in MY class? :D

I have chosen to teach adult undergraduates at a big uni. They actually have a fabulous program, because these students are in class with teenage freshmen, except for the mandatory class I teach (makes sense: it's mandatory, but some of them work, they need to give them reserved spots). Those people are so engaged - they know why they're here. And they're challenging, which I love.

One of my best students comes from a community college. And I like the idea of giving "back" good higher education to people who could not afford it in the past. So, yeah, adult students rock. B)

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.

#480 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

So, yeah, adult students rock. B)

What if said "adult" student has been in school since, oh, PRE-K with out any really break and is working on a 5th degree? NOT that I am thinking of anyone in particular, its really just a random example ;) ;)

- Vincent -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: