• Please log in to reply

2225 replies to this topic

#496 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

I'm as good as there. Works out well for me this weekend - my husband can take care of his family while I'm at your house! :lol: Not only that but I LOVE rain. We have two seasons here - winter and construction. So, we don't get many rainy days. Just stupid old I mean lovely snow.

Awesome! I'll tell the chickens to gear up the egg production. You do eat eggs.....don't you?
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#497 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Awesome! I'll tell the chickens to gear up the egg production. You do eat eggs.....don't you?

Yes - I LOVE eggs. How many can I expect to have each day? ^_^ We get out eggs from a local farmer and I would not have it any other way. If I could, I would raise a few chickens but alas - I live in the suburbs where that sort of thing isn't allowed. I grew up on a farm so was used to cows, chickens, sheep, pigs, horses, ducks, geese...
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#498 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Woot! You can have a rainbow of eggs! We have olive green, green, blue, pink, beige, light brown, dark brown, brown with speckles, some are chocolate brown, some ivory. No white, but I'm sure you'll get over it. :)
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#499 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

No white, but I'm sure you'll get over it. :)

Sigh...I suppose... :rolleyes:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#500 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

I just can't imagine. Why children? Why a k-4 school?

Those teachers are heros.

Wow. I just read about this, too. This is absolutely horrific.

#501 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Sigh...I suppose... :rolleyes:

:)
I'll work on getting a white egg-laying chicken. I picked my girls for their egg colors.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#502 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Wow. I just read about this, too. This is absolutely horrific.

Much discussion on fb. I hope that people are angry enough to start some political actions.

Staying off the subject so as not to get to intense on this thread.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#503 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

What if said "adult" student has been in school since, oh, PRE-K with out any really break and is working on a 5th degree? NOT that I am thinking of anyone in particular, its really just a random example ;) ;)

Totally legit, says the lady who has been in school since elementary (too sick for pre-K) and is working on god-help-me-I'm-confused-what-degree-number-is-this, and secretly (or not so secretly) plans to get a couple of degrees in psychoanalysis...

My family called me from Italy to make sure my CT friends were ok. That's crazy. Poor families. I can't imagine that - feeling safe that your kid's in school, and then...
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#504 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Much discussion on fb. I hope that people are angry enough to start some political actions.

Staying off the subject so as not to get to intense on this thread.

What will political action do? If a person wants something bad enough, they'll find a way to get it or alternative means.

I just don't understand how a person is not stopped when they come in with guns. Yes, you could get hurt, but in reality it is just one person.

(i'm not trying to start something or anything, just commenting)

#505 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

I blame it on the mental health reform of the 70's (?). You used to be able to lock up your adult relatives with severe mental issues so they could get help. Now it is extremely hard to do that until they have done something really bad.

But anyway...this is suposed to be the place to take our minds off the troubles of the world (at least mostly).

Saw a list of things not to buy your wife for Christmas. Thought it might be fun topic. Could be not to buy your man or woman. Here's the first one:

Never give a woman any kind of household appliance or something that is going to make "housework" easier. For instance, a blender, a toaster, a new vacuum, one of those mops they advertise on tv that does everything but suck the life out of you, anything in a informercial. One allowed choice is a new washing machine with a turbo spin cycle. (Makes laundry day go by pretty fast when you can at least sit on it during spin-dry and end up smiling the rest of the day.)

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#506 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Saw a list of things not to buy your wife for Christmas. Thought it might be fun topic. Could be not to buy your man or woman. Here's the first one:

Never give a woman any kind of household appliance or something that is going to make "housework" easier. For instance, a blender, a toaster, a new vacuum, one of those mops they advertise on tv that does everything but suck the life out of you, anything in a informercial. One allowed choice is a new washing machine with a turbo spin cycle. (Makes laundry day go by pretty fast when you can at least sit on it during spin-dry and end up smiling the rest of the day.)

gym membership
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#507 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

gym membership

Corsette.

#508 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

weight loss books

#509 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

This could be taken both ways but some would question a makeover voucher.

#510 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Red underwear.

Christmas sweater.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: