#541 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Unpronouncable liquiors from overseas in bright colors in odd shaped bottles :o

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#542 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Yes, i didn't open it though. Nobody I knew and it was after 10pm sooo :(

Maybe they were there to drop off some bugs..
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#543 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Or maybe the wasps are getting bigger and more adventurous :o
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#544 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

If you ask who's there, and you hear "land shark" -- DON"T ANSWER!
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#545 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

shhh.... i haven't seen any bugs since that major freeing we had (below 0) :ph34r:

Generally, if its not someone i know personally or an RA at that time of night, I don't open the door.

#546 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

If you ask who's there, and you hear "land shark" -- DON"T ANSWER!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#547 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I just put my coffee cake thing in the oven. :lol: I was good i didn't eat any of the batter (used to do this alot as a child), but i did take a few bites of the crumble on top (rice flour, brown sugar, and butter). I had to make sure it would come out right :) I may post a picture on here when its done :lol:

#548 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

I just put my coffee cake thing in the oven. :lol: I was good i didn't eat any of the batter (used to do this alot as a child), but i did take a few bites of the crumble on top (rice flour, brown sugar, and butter). I had to make sure it would come out right :) I may post a picture on here when its done :lol:

Way to go Shadow....should be smelling heavenly there in a few minutes :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#549 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Way to go Shadow....should be smelling heavenly there in a few minutes :)

I don't doubt it will be :)

Oh i can't wait. I haven't had something with a crumbly stuffs on top since before i went gluten free. Muffins and coffee cakes of this nature used to be my all time favorite before then too. Granted, the crumbles are a bit smaller than what the recipie i followed said (gluteny one) but it should come out fine :)

#550 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Make sure you post the recipe! :)

I went to the supermarket to buy a bar of Michel Cluziel chocolate. A random gentleman in coat, shades, and hat screams at me in the aisle: "where's the mayonese???"
I jerk, and falter "It's, uh, erm, I think, maybe that way... I... I... I don't know, I never bought mayonese!"
"Oh, don't bother. I thought you worked here."
I work in a market wearing (runner's)training gear? :blink: People are weird.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#551 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

:lol: just went and checked it. After 40 minutes, it was still battery in the middle :blink:

I'm at high altitute, so i ajusted for that. Its in a glass pan, so i doubt that would do it. It is raising though. So i'm going to keep it at ten minutes and checking it then. I'm checking with a butter knife since i don't have tooth picks...

The cake part is the yellow betty croker gluten free mix.... The topping is 1/2 cup of rice flour, 1/3 cup butter, and 4 tbsp of brown sugar.

#552 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

don't check too much -- have you used your oven for other items??

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#553 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

once? For a pizza crust and it came out just right.

At any rate, checked it again and its getting much closer. :)

#554 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

good deal...enjoy!!!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#555 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Well done! I've never managed to make crumble! :P

My diabetic mum is organizing a gluten-free, grain-and-legume free version of our Christmas dinner for me.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: