• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

As promised:

Posted Image

And when its been cut into....

Posted Image

It was really super moist, but kinda on the blandish side. I think i may need to add more honey to it. Also, i was unable to get the butter to blend throughly throughout because i had no mixer, so when it was put in, there were little chuncks of butter floating about in the batter.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#557 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

I made a coffee cake like this with apples. Delicious. You need some cinnamon in the cake.

http://www.glutenfre...b1&cat=desserts

Streusel: I think I used either Pamela's or rice flour
http://culinaryarts....treusel.htm?p=1

Melt the butter first.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#558 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

OK Lingerie is not really meant to stay on. :wub:

I love that Roomba (robot vacuum)! I can sit back drink some wine while that noisy critter works. More wine start singing to the tune of "Friends in Low Places"
I'll drink my wine
cause your doing just fine
My roomba's cleaning
Low places

(feel free to ad more verses)
Michigan

#559 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

I go-ot dust in looow places
where the kitties romp, and the fear chases
my friends awaaay
they wannaaa breathe t'daaay
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#560 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Good news is that my coffee cake didn't make me sick at all. :lol: The first time i had that mix (oh, something like 1.5 years ago) it made me sicker than a dog (to be fair my stomach was a mess then), now its all good :lol:

#561 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Good news, nice when you get a sign you are healing. Even better if it involves cake :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#562 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image
src: http://www.erh.noaa...._christmas.html

Hi Vince and the rest of my celiac family. You probably noticed I've been off longer than usual. Vince would notice because I also go to his book sites daily.First of all I couldn't find the page where you told of your successful presentation - it doesn't surprise me one bit. Anyway I believe in nine lives and Christmas and Chanukah miracles. Vince you are right about the oxycontin. I was five minutes away from death when Rob got me to the hospital. They had to ask him about a DNR. Instead he agreed to whatever would keep me alive but not a vegetable. Well today I came home from the hospital. When I woke up in ICU I didn't remember a thing and had a feeding tube. Well that was a week ago and today I came home in time for the holidays. I hope everyone has a miracle or two this holiday. I love and miss you all. I keep you all in my heart and prayers.

Love
Loey :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

#563 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Oh Loey, thank goodness you weathered the storm are are back home. You are one tough lady! Many warm hugs to you :) :wub:
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#564 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hi Vince and the rest of my celiac family. You probably noticed I've been off longer than usual. Vince would notice because I also go to his book sites daily.First of all I couldn't find the page where you told of your successful presentation - it doesn't surprise me one bit. Anyway I believe in nine lives and Christmas and Chanukah miracles. Vince you are right about the oxycontin. I was five minutes away from death when Rob got me to the hospital. They had to ask him about a DNR. Instead he agreed to whatever would keep me alive but not a vegetable. Well today I came home from the hospital. When I woke up in ICU I didn't remember a thing and had a feeding tube. Well that was a week ago and today I came home in time for the holidays. I hope everyone has a miracle or two this holiday. I love and miss you all. I keep you all in my heart and prayers.

Love
Loey :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

What the Heck, Loey?

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#565 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Loey!!! You keep finding new ways to alarm and shock us. Glad Rob was heads up and saved you :) :wub:

But I already did that one -- you should really find something unique and not copy me!! :lol: That said, breathing and feeding tubes are no fun :blink:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#566 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Now youse two-- stop it at once!! No more emergency hospital visits, feeding tubes, or breathing apparatus. Jeepers, yer giving us apple-plexy! :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#567 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Now youse two-- stop it at once!! No more emergency hospital visits, feeding tubes, or breathing apparatus. Jeepers, yer giving us apple-plexy! :)

YOU LISTEN TO PATTII!!!!

She is a very wise woman, and if she says stop it, then STOP IT!!
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#568 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Ack! Glad your back!!!

- Vincent -

#569 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

OMG, Loweeeeee... . . :o ... . ....Yes, very fortunate timing -- turkey through a feed tube is....well, just...not optimal.... <_<
I am SO glad to hear that you made it through another HUGE ordeal. Truly inspiring, you are.... :wub:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#570 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Praying for you both so that you can be back to your old silly selves :)
Judy in Southern CA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: