2213 replies to this topic

#46 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

I thought that's what the yeti was for....
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

How about a take over in the face of no ruler? :lol:

At any rate, i'm back in my apartment. Feeling much better too (still have the simi stuffy nose) and i'm no longer "C"'d and as normal as i've ever been. :lol:

Apperently the maintenence guys came by to deal with the bug issue. they removed some and checked for nests (there were none) and told me if i found more to fill out a report (again). I come back in and spy a ladybug -sigh-. But i did get one of those electric bug repellent things. Those work really well to keep them bugs away (use them at home and rarely see a bug). Got one pluged in now :lol:

#48 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Locked outta my own Kingdom . .... .it's an OUTRAGE I tell ya! And right after I finished putting up the inaugural bunting too!

I think I left my new official horn there. Hope the movers got it but wish I'd put it back in its case. Once bitten, twice shy & all.
(In a prev life a drunk once got on stage during a break & fell on my sax to the tune of $500. :o )
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#49 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/24490-the-funny-pages-tickle-me-elbow/page__st__51015#entry838352

Uniform Monday does sound like a concession to get casual Friday, don't it?

There's a fracture in the time-space con-psilly-um.
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#50 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

New Kyng tharm loses his horn? The papers where I live would have a field day with that. Move over Prince Harry, Vegas has nothing on this story.

Might I suggest sending Scaart back to look for it?

I hope I have not yet(i) exceeded my humble serfy remit your madj
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#51 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hahaaaa M(i)W I haven't NOT lol'd yet(i)
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#52 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Omfreakingawd! Just tried Glutino Genius Bread fer the phirst time. Hands down the best bread I've had since gluten-free. Made grilled cheese sammies, and asked Mark if I was remembering correctly, that this tastes "real"-- he agreed it does. Wow.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#53 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I think I left my new official horn there. Hope the movers got it but wish I'd put it back in its case.

Well, we'll have to listen carefully for the sound of your curly horn, Ptaoughmnn, coming from the distance of other threads.. . . ....it could turn up anywhere. Could be in the "Publications" or "Dermatitus herpetiformis" sections.... . . . or in the section where the mods can only go -- you guys keep an eye out, will ya, Paghteigh, POeter, Jyessss et al?....

There's a fracture in the time-space con-psilly-um.

Gawd, 'tis true....my whole life has completely....well, shifted, since the Psillyville closure and restart ... . . . .. ..it all feels different, somehow......like the grand vertical hold has been tampered with....

Hey...what ever happened to the vertical hold? No one ever speaks of it anymore, and none of my TVs ever have this flipping picture anymore. My kids would not know what I'm talking about, I realize..... . . ...

I kinda miss it, actually...

:huh:

:rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#54 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hey...what ever happened to the vertical hold? No one ever speaks of it anymore, and none of my TVs ever have this flipping picture anymore. My kids would not know what I'm talking about, I realize..... . . ...

:lol: :lol: . . . true dat!!

Skeeter told me she saw a movie (or show or something) the other day and she could tell it was "old" because there was a record player in it. :blink: :huh: :lol:
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#55 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Skeeter told me she saw a movie (or show or something) the other day and she could tell it was "old" because there was a record player in it. :blink: :huh: :lol:

Hold that Victrola.....

Vinyl is back! My 19 year old is collecting now -- bought him a turn table last Christmas with USB connection so they can transfer their vinyl to digital...yep...stay tuned we are not as old as we thought - well that may be going a bit too far ;)

The current vinyl comes in a wide variety of colors, transparent, opaque, etc. -- not the solid black of yesteryear - kinda cool.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#56 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

We kept our turntable and it is inserted in our "stack" for all those old vinyls... no USB though :( It gets to be hard to stay up-to-date as PeOter found out recently. Especially when you get to be of a certain age and not that hip anymore (as I am finding out :P ) Lots of modern stuph just passes me by, I'm afraid, even stuphh I have in me house!!!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#57 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Guys... i don' wanna jinx anything but i just took my temp... 98.9 :blink: oh dear... (my normal is 97.2 ballpark).... My throats kinda sore (salt water gargle already done)... no cough... yet.....

Oh look, three papers due next week.... my body must hate me....

#58 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

It gets to be hard to stay up-to-date as PeOter found out recently. Especially when you get to be of a certain age and not that hip anymore (as I am finding out :P ) Lots of modern stuph just passes me by, I'm afraid, even stuphh I have in me house!!!

Shrooomie, you constantly surprise me at your knowledge of modern/pop music -- I often read one of your song titles in ANOTHER THREAD (can you IMAGINE? ME, in another thread??), and think, Whoa... . . . ....is that, like, Top 40 rapper stuff? And I ask my kid, who says that indeed it is.

Shrooomie, are you really a cool, hip, nineteen-year old New Zealand hottie?
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#59 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Shrooomie, are you really a cool, hip, nineteen-year old New Zealand hottie?

Add just a couple years, and you have our Shroomster to a t :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#60 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

And in the immortal closing wurdz of Leesur (GottaSki) in the Funny pages thread that was laid to rest:

"No hangover here"

Such an inspiration! Quite a goal for us all to strive for Lessur! Yes, we now have a new standard of eggzallence to stumble towardz, or crawl towardz in some cases, for this holiday season. :)

OK, for those so encumbered by the seeking of konwledge on the post card eggschange proejct, I started a thread for it here:

http://www.celiac.co...-card-exchange/
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: