• Please log in to reply

2225 replies to this topic

#691 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

I was gonna tell ya all about .......harvesting...... my neighbor's kiwi's, but now I'm afeared that Vensent will use me as a topic. :ph34r:
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#692 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

I was gonna tell ya all about .......harvesting...... my neighbor's kiwi's, but now I'm afeared that Vensent will use me as a topic. :ph34r:

You never know what I might use as an example... ;)

- Vincent -

#693 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I love Lysistrata! We did that as a ballet piece when I was about 10-11.

:blink:

Quickly adds that to the list of childhood trauma that made me what I am now.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#694 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Start with my inability to use punctuation properly.

*kiwis*
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#695 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Uh-oh..... :rolleyes:
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#696 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Start with my inability to use punctuation properly.

*kiwis*

kiwi's indeed!
I read a piece last week about abandoning the apostrophe altogether as a lost cause :P Mrs. Jones cat has lost it's hat, so its going to have a cold head. Might just as well. You can read it without them or with them wrong :blink:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#697 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Mrs. Jones cat has lost it's hat, so its going to have a cold head. Might just as well. You can read it without them or with them wrong :blink:

OMG.. . . ... . ... :blink: . . .. ....OMG. .. . . . ......This just makes me NUTS... . ..... Can barely read this....... . ...Gaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. .. . .....
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#698 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Friday!! Sorta. 2 days of call then 3 days off. Captain gets to come home for Christmas!!!! Tying up his boat tomorrow for a few days. I've never been this excited about a Christmas before! My babies and my beautiful man AND his son on Christmas morning. What a gift I get this year!! :wub:

A tip. I was never a reader before i got into the Harry potter series (then it took off). Try to find things that would catch his interest, be it cars, bugs, or something else. :)

This was the first thing I tried. We've tried superheros, Ripley's, dino's bugs, and the list goes on and on-no interest. He has required reading for school and we do that first to get it out of the way, then I let him pick whatever book he wants to read. Before bed I read to him from a Goosebumps book. He likes those. Madeleine read all the Harry Potter books BY HERSELF at this age. He seems to like me to read him the books with the shorter chapters thus far...

Maybe Simon would like to hear some stories? Animals don't correct their reading or roll their eyes like an older sibling if they mess up a word.

Maybe! But he has a hard time staying still too. I can just picture them rolling all over the floor together :P

As a special ed teacher I think you've been doing everything right in the role you play in helping your children's individualities. Don't let anyone ever make you feel like anything but a stellar role model! (and if they do send them to me!!!!!!)

Thanks Lo. You're so wonderful!!! :wub:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#699 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Timothy has started reading about this time last year. He went from BEHIND to GRADE LEVEL in one year. The secret? MAGIC TREE HOUSE. He is on book 38 from that series. He has also read Encyclopedia Brown, 10 or 11 of them. All this year a lone. Need to find a new series now to push him up a bit in reading something between Magic Tree House and the next level. There is like 50 or 60 in the Magic Tree House series, but they are getting to be a little below him now as he gets better at reading. So not sure what to try next.

- Vincent -

#700 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

I'm not much help with the reading, as my older brother and sister apparently took
it upon themselves to teach me before I even hit kindergarten, but I still think you're
doing a great job!!!!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#701 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

Timothy has started reading about this time last year. He went from BEHIND to GRADE LEVEL in one year. The secret? MAGIC TREE HOUSE. He is on book 38 from that series. He has also read Encyclopedia Brown, 10 or 11 of them. All this year a lone. Need to find a new series now to push him up a bit in reading something between Magic Tree House and the next level. There is like 50 or 60 in the Magic Tree House series, but they are getting to be a little below him now as he gets better at reading. So not sure what to try next.

Fabulous idea, love those!!! I'll go check some out before we leave on our trip!! Thank you!! :D

I'm not much help with the reading, as my older brother and sister apparently took
it upon themselves to teach me before I even hit kindergarten, but I still think you're
doing a great job!!!!

Thanks love :)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#702 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Fabulous idea, love those!!! I'll go check some out before we leave on our trip!! Thank you!! :D

Not sure what level your child (if you mentioned it, I missed it) is at, but my son is 9 years old so that you have a reference point. :)

- Vincent -

#703 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

I'm in such a good mood. My iga ttg came back with a 6. 1-19 is normal. It was at a 37 (high positive). I've been doing something right :lol: Also my gladien iga or igg (can't remember) dropped 4 points (from 8 to 4 i believe). Within normal, but a lower normal. :lol:

#704 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hey Wolfie that is fantastic news :-D ..

Have a great Christmas
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#705 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

I read we have until 11.11 am before it is all over. I can't decide whether to bother finishing my Christmas shopping...

Loey
I'd love a prayer for all of our friends on the forum who are in pain and suffering, and to give thanks for being blessed with all the love and support from each other.

Thanks
And hugs to you x

I started a word document. If anyone wants to IM me personal prayers or email me (loeyarias@me.com) I'm just copy and pasting them onto one word sheet. I'm not going to cut them apart and will give them to my surrogate daughter Annie (one of Tony's best friends whose going on the trip ). I somehow trust her more not to lose them (my bad). Please get any personal or special prayers to me by today (SAturday). I'll be offline because it's the only day I have with Tony before he leaves. I'm still recovering from pneumonia and going though withdrawal but I'm getting stronger each day. I'm still amazed that it was only a week ago that I coded. I feel I have already had my prayers answered but will be adding my prayers for all of you as well as people I know in other areas of my life.

I love you all very much,
Loey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: