2206 replies to this topic

#706 Loey

Loey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

I'm in such a good mood. My iga ttg came back with a 6. 1-19 is normal. It was at a 37 (high positive). I've been doing something right :lol: Also my gladien iga or igg (can't remember) dropped 4 points (from 8 to 4 i believe). Within normal, but a lower normal. :lol:

Yay!!!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#707 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Soooooo any silly peeps in the Pittsburgh PA area.. I will be the guest preacher on Sunday Dec 31 at Cranberry Baptist Church. Come by and say hi! :D

I use to live next to Cranbury. RI is too far and we won't be in NJ until January 19th. I continue to be amazed by you!

Loey

#708 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Timothy has started reading about this time last year. He went from BEHIND to GRADE LEVEL in one year. The secret? MAGIC TREE HOUSE. He is on book 38 from that series. He has also read Encyclopedia Brown, 10 or 11 of them. All this year a lone. Need to find a new series now to push him up a bit in reading something between Magic Tree House and the next level. There is like 50 or 60 in the Magic Tree House series, but they are getting to be a little below him now as he gets better at reading. So not sure what to try next.

Another fine example of a parent knowing what the child needs. Way to go Timothy!!

#709 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Another fine example of a parent knowing what the child needs. Way to go Timothy!!

Oh just dumb luck. :P

- Vincent -

#710 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Ah, but some people seem better at getting dumb luck than others.

Great work Dad ;-)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#711 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Diary of a wimpy kid. Gets most reluctant readers going, they seem to like the "comic book" look and feel to the books.

I couldn't stand Captain Underpants but that is popular too.
Michigan

#712 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Happy Christmas all. Safe driving, eating etc.

Big hugs
Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#713 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

Safe eating? Oh, you mean contamination. I was thinking "NOOOOO!!! Stuff yerselves silly with as much naughty food as you can! Eggnog! Fudge! Cookies!"

Then come back here and whine about how much crap you ate. :)

'tis the psilly way.

Posted Image

Posted Image
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#714 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Well, I may not have a chance to get on here again until Boxing Day, so MERRY,MERRY CHRISTMAS,Psills! :) :) :)

Posted Image
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#715 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Merry Christmas everybody -- do as Jess said and stuff yerselves psilly!

Enjoy!!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#716 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Safe eating? Oh, you mean contamination. I was thinking "NOOOOO!!! Stuff yerselves silly with as much naughty food as you can! Eggnog! Fudge! Cookies!"

Then come back here and whine about how much crap you ate. :)

'tis the psilly way.

HA! That is what I was leaning towards LOL

- Vincent -

#717 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

- Vincent -

#718 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Happy Christmas Psillies :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#719 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Food court Handel's Messiah music video on Youtube

https://www.youtube....h?v=SXh7JR9oKVE
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#720 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hope it's a Very Merry Christmas for all!
Posted Image

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: